Options
2»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Starteam

Could you provide the remote Web-GUI link to us for further checks? Thanks :) .
  • Starteam
    Options
    Hi Jeff

I was wondering what happened. Then today I found your message from October 11 on a different page than we were before, and there has been no "Zyxel_Jeff sent you a message" email about it in my inbox. I don't understand what info you are missing. In the private message I uploaded on October 10 I provided the public IP address and complete login information. What else do you need?

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hi @Starteam

I provide a guide about how to configure remote Web GUI to us again, please check your inbox, thanks.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options

Not sure if you already received our notification e-mail from your registered e-mail inbox, because it probably be considered a spam e-mail for your e-mail server. you can check your Zyxel forum in-box on the top right corner as well, as below:

Thanks.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hi @Starteam

Moreover, may I know which VNC server and client software and its version you are using it? Maybe I can try it at our lab as well, thanks.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Options
    Hi @Starteam

I set up a simple test at our lab as below:

(WAN:10.214.48.135) L2TP client(192.168.50.1)   -> (WAN:10.214.48.25)USG Flex200(with V5.31 FW) -> LAN1->PC Ultra VNC server(192.168.1.121)

Firstly, I confirmed the L2TP client already connected to USG  Flex200.

Then I tried to establish an UltraVNC connection from  L2TP client(192.168.50.1) to LAN1 PC(192.168.1.121) with port 5900.

And I could access my LAN1 PC successfully.

I tried to capture the packet and filter the IP address via Wireshark CLI "ip.addr==192.168.50.1" and confirmed the UltraVNC connection can be established via an L2TP connection.

Thanks.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Starteam

In addition, I also set up a simple lab and noticed the TightVNC connection can be established via L2TP connection as well.

Topology:
    (WAN:10.214.48.135) L2TP client(192.168.50.1)   -> (WAN:10.214.48.25)USG Flex200(with V5.31 FW) -> LAN1->PC with TightVNC server(192.168.1.121)

Firstly, I confirmed the L2TP client is already connected to USG  Flex200.

Then I tried to establish a TightVNC connection from  L2TP client(192.168.50.1) to LAN1 PC(192.168.1.121).

And I could access my LAN1 TightVNC server successfully as below:

I captured the packet on LAN1 PC and filter the IP address via Wireshark CLI "ip.addr==192.168.50.1" and then confirmed the TightVNC connection can be established via an L2TP connection as well.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Starteam

When we disabled the policy route and everything is solved eventually. We consider you won't add this policy route for L2TP clients.

We can ping and access the internal  TightVNC server(192.168.1.37) successfully.

CLI: packet-trace interface lan1 ip-proto icmp

Thanks =) .

Security Highlight