XGN100C disconnecting constantly on Windows 10

ath
ath Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in Service & License
Hello,

I have two XGN100C NICs on two different X570-motherboard machines, both running Windows 10 and both of these computers drop connections constantly. Network activity doesn't seem to affect it, the cables don't seem to matter (tried 10 different Cat6-Cat7 cables we have), and the Unifi USW-Flex-XG that connects these two doesn't drop any other connections. Both Intel 10Gbe NICs work fine and even the ASUS keeps a steady connection.

The connections are dropped with a message in Event Viewer on aqnic650 "Marvell AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter : Network link is lost.
" and they resume in less than 10 seconds but file transfers and Teams meetings suffer greatly from this kind of interruptions.

Searching the web for answers I've tried setting pcie power savings to none, disabling green ethernet and magic packages as we have no need for WOL functions. I found the same error message posted on multiple forums and apparently a driver update solved SOME of these problems, but the Zyxel XGN100C doesn't have a driver upgrade available.

I see the support for this product is non-existant here since no category reflects the product (wired LAN) and searching for the product comes up with 7 pages of "no results", which I cannot understand.

I hope you can help me with this problem.
Thanks,
Mike

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,626  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @ath,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    Let me help to check if we are preparing to release new driver or not.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    edited March 2022
    Hi @ath,

May I know your WIN 10 version, the driver version of XGN100C, and which motherboards are you using?
    I would like to try to reproduce in my office.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @ath,

Good day.
    May I know your WIN 10 version, the driver version of XGN100C, and which motherboards are you using?
    So I can better to check the issue and try to 
    reproduce in my office. :) 

Zyxel Melen

• Jhonwick
    Jhonwick Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited March 2022
    @ath

Why not try to download the driver on Marvell? https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html
    Other users from asus forum downloaded the new driver on Marvell and issue had solved, I think you may try.

• ath
    ath Posts: 2
    Hello there,

Sorry for replying to you this late. I got emails that implied this problem was being addressed but gmail decided to rate them as junk mail.

As for the problem, I tried updating the driver from marvell, but the problem persisted even after a driver update. We've taken out the Zyxel cards for now, but I'll be sure to pop one back in when I get the chance to try out any new ideas you might have.

The boards were X570-E and X570-F with the latest BIOS. Windows 10 version on both machines is 21H1.

Cheers and thenks for your help.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @ath

Thanks for your feedback, may I confirm the driver you used to upgrade is 3.1.6, right?

Zyxel Melen

• 我也有這種情況,請問3.1.6在哪裡下載?
    謝謝,想知道以後會有新版本,可以自己更新下載
  • I also have this situation, where can I download 3.1.6?
    Thank you, I want to know that there will be a new version in the future, you can update and download it yourself
  • Hi @ty0812

You can find the driver in here: https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html

Service & License Help Center