3 NWA1123-AC PRO's poor purformance and disconnections

Hi

I'm after some help with a deployment of NWA1123-AC Pro's

We have an office of around 30 employees and have 3 ap's servicing the area. One each end (left and right) and one in the middle. 

What they experience from time to time through out the day is very poor performance and can lead to disconnections etc.

as an example currently there are 8 clients connected to the left ap 9 clients connected to the middle ap and 4 clients connected to the right ap.

Looking on nebula in wireless health i notised that one of the clients expricening issues was marked with poor performace and so was the ap he was connected to (right ap). but this can be randam with any client and ap within that office. 

If that particular client was to move rooms and connect to a different ap (the sole user of that ap and room) he wouldn't experiance any issues which rues out bandwidth. 

I'm looking for any advise or if the logs from when these issues occured could help as I'm at a loss with this one. 

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    How channels are setup for three APs?
    Do you have other Wireless lan that are reachable from your office?
  • Hi, thanks for the help

Left Ap is 2.4G channel 1 & 5G 40, Middle Ap is 2.4G channel 6 & 5G 44, Right Ap is 2.4G Channel 11 & 5G 48 

All 40MHz Channel width

There isn't any other Wireless Lan's that are reachable  
  • mMontana
    5G is quite faster, but range is really shorter. Then: there might be any 2.4ghz interference in your office?
  • Looking at the health poor performance was seen on 5GHz. so as a test I've disabled 5GHz today  just to see if that helps.
  • mMontana
    One day sometimes is not that good sample as test. Consider at least a full week.
  • Zyxel_Jay
    Zyxel_Jay Posts: 163  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @ matty930

We found your 5G channel was overlapping. We suggest you can disable the “Avoid 5G DFS channel” and adjust the “5 GHz channel deployment” to “All available channels”. Let your 5G channel not overlap.

When the signal is strong but clients still couldn'toperate at an acceptable throughput, you can refer to these tips to fine-tune your wireless environment.

1. Fine-tune the deployment of AP's location. The client connects signal recommended –70dBm or above.

Go to Access point > Configure > Radio settings

2. Select the Deployment selection according to your number of APs or adjust your 2.4GHz radio power to 5dBm lower than your 5GHz radio.
    3. Increase your WLAN rate control for 2.4GHz to 5.5Mbps, while 5Ghz to 12Mbps.

4. Enable Broadcast Storm Control and Multicast Storm Control on both the AP and switch port that the AP is connected to.

For a more detailed information, please refer to:

To measure and check the part of bottleneck, the advanced method to test in your topology.

To learn more about advanced methods to test and identify network bottlenecks, please refer to: https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/13088

Thanks
    Jay
  • Many thanks I'm going to adjust this today and I will report back.
  • Zyxel_Jay
    Zyxel_Jay Posts: 163  Zyxel Employee
    Hope these tips will help you.
    We will wait for your reply.

Nebula Tips & Tricks