Options
    GS2220-50
    GS2220 Series - Specifications | Zyxel Networks

not sure what audio dante AES is...
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Network-distributed public amplification audio system.
    Arenas, stadiums, studio (broadcast or private), conference centers, convention halls, theaters, zoos, themed parks.
    Name a big place which need specific sound setup, this system should be capable to deliver what you want, where you want and without interference.
    My question is: 100gbps of switching capability is enough? I'd go a bit bigger.
  • baudetd
    baudetd Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    hello

here are the recommendations, can the GS series respond to this

Dante uses the UDP protocol for audio distribution, both unicast and multicast. - Bandwidth usage is approximately 6 Mbps per basic unicast audio stream (containing 4 channels and 16 audio samples per channel). Streams are pre-allocated to a capacity of 4 channels. Audio samples can vary between 4 and 64, depending on the latency setting of the device. For multicast streams, there can be between 1 and 8 channels per stream. - The multicast audio stream from Dante devices is always on UDP port 4321. The AES67 multicast audio stream is always on port 5004. - Ports for unicast audio streams vary between: 14336 and 14600. - Audio traffic should not occupy more than 70% of the bandwidth of a network link.u. - Dante devices support sending and receiving Dante multicast streams. Dante multicast uses address range 239.255/16 and port 4321. - Most Dante devices also support sending and receiving RTP multicast (SMPTE 2110-30 or AES67). RTP multicast typically uses port 5004. AES67 typically uses the 239.69/16 address range.
    - A Dante device can send an RTP multicast stream to any address.

- mDNS and DNS-SD protocols are used for discovery and enumeration of other Dante devices (including Dante Controller and Dante Virtual Soundcard) on 224.0.0.251:5353.
    - AES67 discovery is on 239.255.255.255:9875.
    - PTP (Precision Time Protocol) is used for time synchronization.

- These are usually a few small packets per second. This traffic is on 224.0.1.129 - 224.0.1.132, ports 319/320.
    PTP logging (if enabled) is at 239.254.3.3:9998.
    - Dante-specific traffic monitoring is done on multicast addresses 224.0.0.230 - 224.0.0.233:8700-8708

• baudetd
    Options
    Hello
    here are the recommendations for using DANTE at the network level
    is the GS series able to handle this?

https://www.audinate.com/learning/technical-documentation/so-youre-adding-dante-to-your-network So You're Adding Dante to your Network? | Audinate | Dante Pro AV Networking

• baudetd
    Options
    hello

here are the recommandations for using dante 

So You're Adding Dante to your Network? | Audinate | Dante Pro AV Networking

is the gs serie is able to handle this ?
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,632  Zyxel Employee
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @baudetd,

Is your requirement a 48 fiber port 1G switch or a 48 copper port 1G switch with fiber ports?

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @baudetd,

If you need a 48 copper port 1G switch with fiber ports, then GS2220-50 will fulfill your requirement.
    Also, it has IGMP snooping function which allows you to manage the DANTE audio network.
    In addition, we have experience with DANTE audio networks, I will PM the configuration to you for reference.

Zyxel Melen

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    Options
    @Zyxel_Melen maybe a guideline for "How make Dante work fine with GS2200 series" could be also useful too.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @mMontana,

Thanks for your advice, we will prepare for it.

Zyxel Melen

• mw_dw
    mw_dw Posts: 10
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Hi @baudetd,

If you need a 48 copper port 1G switch with fiber ports, then GS2220-50 will fulfill your requirement.
    Also, it has IGMP snooping function which allows you to manage the DANTE audio network.
    In addition, we have experience with DANTE audio networks, I will PM the configuration to you for reference.
    Could you also send me the configs for Dante GS2220 series?   I agree with mMontana, a video tut would be great idea to have for reference.