License and config to APs when replace zywall

Now I am using the Zywall USG110 but the App Patrol will end support at the end of 2022. I want to replace the router with Zywall ATP200. I am wondering if I can still use the old license manage AP. If it's, what should I do? Add the new devices to my ZyXEL account and transfer the license to ATP200, is that right?
And if I set up the wireless controller on ATP200 the same as the USG100 (IP router, VLAN, SSID, security,..), do the APs can connect to the new controller, or do I have to reset all APs and reconnect again?

All Replies

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    Zyxel_HsinBo Posts: 220  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2022

USG/Zywall & ATP products are different series that do not support UTM license migration.
    But ATP200 is bundled with one-year of Gold Security Pack license by default, so you could still enjoy the license service without worries.
    For more information please refer to the link below:

For problem “And if I set up the wireless controller on ATP200 the same as the USG100 (IP router, VLAN, SSID, security,..), do the APs can connect to the new controller, or do I have to reset all APs and reconnect again?”

If you have not specifically set up APC discovery IP address for exist AP before, just modify the Registration Type to “Always Accept” on new controller from the path below, then you can connect AP to the new controller let the AP sync and apply settings on new APC without resetting the APs.

Path: GUI >> Configuration >> Wireless >> Controller >> Registration Type

Thank you.
  • Thank you for your reply.
    I am having 4 licenses for APs ( each license manages 8 APs ). I am wondering how can I still use those licenses. What zywall should I change instead of USG110?

"But ATP200 is bundled with one-year of Gold Security Pack license by default, so you could still enjoy the license service without worries." - I don't know it can manage how many APs, and after one-year, will I have to buy more licenses for all APs?
  • Zyxel_HsinBo
    Zyxel_HsinBo Posts: 220  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2022

You can transfer “Managed AP Service” license via the myZyxel (Tap the "Transfer" button on the right side of the license, and select the ATP200 from the popup list), and use the transfered-Manage AP Service license to manage AP after the Gold Security Pack License expire.

When bundled 1 year Gold Security Pack License is in-used, you can manage at most 48 APs by the ATP200 (40 APs from Secure Wifi Licene contained in Gold Security Pack License + ATP200 default management amount 8 piece). When the license is expired, the available manage amounts will decrease to 40 (8 piece Manage AP Service License * 4 + ATP200 Default management amount 8 piece).

*Manage AP Service License not support Remote AP feature

Thank you.