LTE3301-M209 / Lyca Mobile - No Internet

Croggy
Croggy Posts: 3
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Hello 
I recently bought a Zyxel LTE3301-M209, hoping to use it with my Lycamobile SIM card (UK). However, for some reason, I can't seem to be able to connect to the internet. All of the status lights are green, apart form the "Internet" light, which is always OFF. I've tried installing the latest firmware, but still have exactly the same problem. I've also tried manually entering the APN details (dtata.lycamobile.co.uk, lmuk, plus...etc), but still no joy. The SIM card works fine in my mobile phone.
If anyone can help me with this, I would be very grateful.
Thanks.

Accepted Solution

• Croggy
    Answer ✓
    Just for anyone reading this because you have the same problem, I finally resolved it...

I ticked the "Roaming" box in Network admin options and rebooted the router and it seems to be working fine now. I've no idea why I had to do this though though as it is definitely a UK sim card and works fine in my mobile phone without enabling Roaming! Bizarre!

All Replies

• Croggy
    Answer ✓
    Just for anyone reading this because you have the same problem, I finally resolved it...

I ticked the "Roaming" box in Network admin options and rebooted the router and it seems to be working fine now. I've no idea why I had to do this though though as it is definitely a UK sim card and works fine in my mobile phone without enabling Roaming! Bizarre!
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @Croggy Lyca Mobile AFAIK is not a phisical mobile provider, but a virtual one
    Do you know if it's MVNO?
  • mMontana said:
    @Croggy Lyca Mobile AFAIK is not a phisical mobile provider, but a virtual one
    Do you know if it's MVNO?
    Yes, it's MVNO.  I think they use the O2 network.
  • Thank you @Croggy for the solution - it worked for me as well.

You are spot on - the debug logs shows below before enabling roaming

"Commander: ROAMING is not allowable, don't start WANTYPE 3G 0 "

Consumer Product Help Center