default profile in NWA5123-AC-HD

mat17
mat17 Posts: 45  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
Hello support,

in my SSID list, I have a profile with name "default" which is for the administrative VLAN.
I can't remove it.
Is it something set up by the WLAN AP?
I don't want a SSID for my administrative VLAN, it's a security issue.
How can I remove it?
Kind regards

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    Zyxel_HsinBo Posts: 220  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @mat17,

You can edit the default SSID profile, replace the VLAN ID with the specific VLAN you expect to apply, then the default SSID will not use VLAN 1 to avoid the problem which you concerned.

Or you can add a new SSID profile configure with specific VLAN ID.

PATH: Local GUI >> Left sidebar “Configuration” >> Object “AP Profile” >> SSID >> +Add

After SSID VLAN ID configured, replace the default SSID profile with the new created one to the AP.

PATH: Local GUI >> Left sidebar “Configuration” >> Wireless “AP Management” >> MBSSID Settings (Radio 1 -> 2.4GHz, Radio 2 -> 5GHz)

Thank you.

All Replies

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    Zyxel_HsinBo Posts: 220  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @mat17,

You can edit the default SSID profile, replace the VLAN ID with the specific VLAN you expect to apply, then the default SSID will not use VLAN 1 to avoid the problem which you concerned.

Or you can add a new SSID profile configure with specific VLAN ID.

PATH: Local GUI >> Left sidebar “Configuration” >> Object “AP Profile” >> SSID >> +Add

After SSID VLAN ID configured, replace the default SSID profile with the new created one to the AP.

PATH: Local GUI >> Left sidebar “Configuration” >> Wireless “AP Management” >> MBSSID Settings (Radio 1 -> 2.4GHz, Radio 2 -> 5GHz)

Thank you.

• mat17
    mat17 Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Thank you!