JamesJ
JamesJ Posts: 6
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula
I have three NWA50AX AP's and another 3rd party AP
1 - Basement/Wired
2 - Main Floor/Wired
3 - 2nd Floor/Mesh to Main Floor
4 - 3rd party AP in Wired Garage (to be replaced in future)

The #3 AP, SmartMesh to the Main Floor, has issues connecting.

#1 Utilization: 2.4Ghz=17% 5GHz=1%
#2 Utilization: 2.4Ghz=31% 5Ghz=21%

#3 was connected well to #2 AP for about a week, however I had to get the initial setup operating while wired, then disconnected the Cat5 and it remained stable as an extension until a recent reboot.  The AP will make a connection, then drop.

Thank you.

All Replies

• It seems that following this process, brings the AP back to an operational status:
    1) Plug in Ethernet
    2) Wait for AP to come on-line
    3) Wait for 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz radio's to turn on
    4) Unplug Ethernet
    5) Wait for AP to fall back to Wireless Uplink

Not sure if the wireless radio's are turning on early enough to create a successful link back to the Wifi Uplink AP?
  • Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 522  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

From your description, your repeater AP #3 remained stable until a recent reboot, may I know that the reboot is happened due to the system or manually? 

For more clearly identify your problem, we would like to have more details with your APs, please provide us the firmware version of APs, repeater AP uplink signal and the event log while the connection drop. Or you may help us to enable Zyxel support at Nebula CC >> Help center > Support request and provide us your org/site name, so we may look into this directly. 

Kay

Kay

• Kay,

support request is open. 

I manually rebooted / moved AP to a different location to see if connected devices operated better. 

FW version: V6.29(ABYW.1)
    Org: Chesterfield
    Site: Home

thank you. 
  • Zyxel_Kay

After reviewing the internal log of your repeater AP, we determined that the issue was caused by an abnormal Smart Mesh establishment.  

To resolve the problem, we have released a new datecode firmware. Please let us know when it would be convenient for us to schedule the update on your Nebula site. Thank you for your cooperation. 😊 

Kay 

Kay

• @Zyxel_Kay

You can schedule the install anytime from 00:00hrs and 03:00hrs Eastern (GMT +5) tonight if you are available. 

Thanks!
    James
  • Zyxel_Kay

According to the information on your Nebula site, your local timezone is configured as United States (UTC/GMT -5). In order to verify the accuracy of this, we wanted to confirm the timezone in case we upgrade the datecode firmware at wrong time due to the time difference(We are in Taiwan GMT+8). Is it GMT+5 or GMT-5? 

Kay 

Kay

• My apologies, as it was late for me to reply.  Yes, I am GMT -5. 

Sorry for the confusion.   

Any time between 00:00 and 03:00 local time is acceptable. 
  • Zyxel_Kay

The datecode firmware for your site has been successfully upgraded. To bring the configuration of your repeater AP up to date and solve the problem, please plug in your Ethernet cable and wait for the repeater AP online in Nebula. If the LED light is steady blue or green, the update is successful and you may make it be a repeater AP again. 

Thanks for your cooperation again! =)  

Kay  

Kay

• @Zyxel_Kay,

At about 09:09 Eastern, updates were completed via Ethernet.  After unplugging, the AP transitioned to Wireless Repeater much quicker than previously.  This occurred about 09:12 Eastern.  

I’ll monitor and update providing any updates along the way 

Thank you. 
    -James

Nebula Tips & Tricks