CZ O2TV (IPTV) don't work on VMG8623-T50B, but on VMG3625-T50B works OK

Options
Koumak
Koumak Posts: 10
First Comment
edited December 2022 in Smart Home Product
I changed the VDSL modem Zyxel from VMG3625-T50B to VMG8623-T50B for VDSL2 and IPTV use and my O2TV (IPTV) stopped working. I configure the new 8623 similar as 3625, but IPTV from local IPTV provider stop play the actual TV program.

Actual firmware on VMG8623-T50B: V5.50(ABPM.6)b5_V0_20210906 (WWAN is 1.22)

I normally set the both VMG similar. 2x WAN interface, one for VDSL (VLAN848) one as bridge for IPTV (VLAN835 as bridge),i set the VLAN835 to LAN2 and interface grouping to LAN2 port to dedicate it to IPTV and also i used the QoS for this IPTV.

The behaviour is strange, actual TV programm not working OK, just black screen, but if i rewind little back from "live" program to "recorded" (few secs back) the STB started to work correctly and works OK (just watching the TV programm few secs later). 

My questions are:
=============
What is difference between these two models that STB stopped working with the similar configuration?

Where i can find the latest firmware for VMG8623-T50B, i can not foud it at classical FTP server of Zyxel. 

Many thanks

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 848  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello @Koumak

The latest firmware is available at https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360019108619-Zyxel-security-advisory-for-DNSpooq

Merry Christmas.

Kind regards Tony 
  • Koumak
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi Tony,
    many thanks for the link to the firmware. Unfortunately the firmware version V5.50(ABPM.6)b5_V0_20210906 can not be replaced by the one, i found at your link, it means version V5.50(ABPM.6)C0. The modem reject this firmware. 
    Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

BTW Happy New Year to you too :-)
  • Koumak
    First Comment
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Update of information from my analyze.
    I runs my VMG3625-T50B on FW version V5.50(ABPM0)C0 and IPTV correctly works.
    I tried on another VMG3625-T50B the FW version ABPM5, ABPM6 and today ABPM71, which i found at the official Zyxel pages. These versions has problems with actual streaming of O2 CZ IPTV programs. If i move the program just few steps back, it means from LIVE mod to other, the program works correctly. 
    Today i tried another thing, i found that one STB to O2 CZ IPTV has older firmware and, voila, the STB works correctly at the mentioned non-working version of the VMG firmware. But after hard-reset and installation the newest version of the STB the actual playing stopped working too. 

Please is it possible to download somewhere the older firmware for VMG3625-T50B or VMG8623-T50B ? I tried to find, but Zyxel do not have firmware archive for these models. It is last chance to try to IPTV correctly works on O2 CZ  STB on these models of VMG VDSL modems.

"Do not work correctly" means, that actual program showed just black screen and on Radio programs do not work too.
    Many thanks.
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 848  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello @Koumak

I have just had a thought.

What level is the firewall set at in your router?
         - does your IPTV work if your firewall is set to low?

Happy New Year.

Kind regards Tony 
  • Koumak
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi Tony, 
    thanks for the answer again, but your question do not make sense if i wrote, that both VDSL modems i set the same, it means the firewall has been set for the MEDIM at both. 
    But i underestund your question, just describing the similarity of the configuration.

I have in another problem, i found "somwhere" the FW version ABPM3.4B, but after flash i can not logg in to the VMG8623-T50B via standart "admin" password mentioned at the back side of modem after hard reset. Do you know the default password for this version of FW? I am very frustrated and stucked :-( I am very frustrated by the Zyxel non-functionality andi must to analyze this "standard" situation which means, that Zyxel chanded something between 0 and 5 version of FW sw which maked my IPTV non functional. 

Could anybody help me to move forward with my situation. It will be possible to try the Tonys firewall settings, but i need to access the VMG modem througth "admin" account. Today after FW flash i can not.  :-( Now i have the device which i can not access, that means it is the piece of plastic and other metals for me :-)
  • Koumak
    First Comment
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Another question is if it is possible to upgrade firmware without knowing the "admin" user password? I did not find any way. Does anybody knows, how to do it?

• Koumak
    First Comment
    Options
    Hallo dear community, my issue still persist and i still did not find any solution. Anybody help please.
  • Koumak
    First Comment
    Options
    Just FYI.
    FW has been reloaded througth the DSL port from ISP to valid and funcional one. I reload after that the not branded fw by using "zycli"  settings to do not check the fw version ABPM6C0.
    Now i stopped the analyze of situation, i do not have enougth time to analyze Zyxel change from version ABPM0C0 which i currently runs on the VMG3625-T50B and where IPTV actual program correctly runs and on the same VMG3625-T50B with fw ABPM5C0 or ABPM6C0 dont.
    I think, that it is some Zyxel change which created this issue but i do not have direct way how to communicate with Zyxel about it.
    Than i stopped analyze and i must say, that CZ IPTV from O2 company do not work on VMG3625-T50B fw ABPM5-71 and also on VMG8623-T50B fw ABPM5-71 now.
    Thanks Zyxel for possibility to analyze and go deeply inside the configuring, i learned much, but the IPTV still do not work. No more documetnation i found for these models and i must say that from Zyxel VDSL hw i feel a frustration. 

Consumer Product Help Center