Nebula Public API

Where can documentation be found about this?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,593  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @InsideSrl,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!
    You could reference this post in our Nebula FAQ.

Zyxel Melen

• Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have already read that post. I am wondering if there are other commands available.

At the end you find: Non-device function related APIs are not included in this table.

I'd like to know if there ara API endpoints for CRUD operations on wifi users.

Kind regards

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @InsideSrl,

Do you mean using the API to create, read, update, and delete the wifi users?
    If yes, I will help to confirm which API supports these actions and give you an update.

Zyxel Melen

• Yes, I do mean that. Thanks!
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @InsideSrl,

Thanks for your feedback.
    I have discussed this internally, and we are curious about your scenario and how you authenticate your wifi users. Could you share it with me?

Zyxel Melen

• Of course.
    We want to provide our customers (hotels, schools) with our own (simpler, with fewer data) web interface to allow them to add wifi users possibly with: time limit, date limit, contemporary accesses (ie classrooms).
    Furthermore we hope it could be possible to authenticate users straight by MAC address devices (mac address will be inserted through our interface).

Let me know if you need more info.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @InsideSrl,

Thanks for sharing.
    Could you please help to verify if my induction has any misunderstanding?
    1. Your customer wants to add wifi users with: time limit, date limit, contemporary accesses.
    2. You want to provide authentication by MAC address to login wifi.
    3. You want your customer can add the above setting in your web interface.

For the first requirement, it can be achieved by DPPSK.
    And for the second requirement, our wifi security setting has MAC-based Authentication with Nebula cloud authentication server or external radius server.

However, the API currently does not support configuration. Could you contact your local 
    sales or support engineer to join the ZYXEL Nebula Public API program? After joining this program, they could help submit a feature request for your requirement.

Below is the information needs you to provide:
    • Make sure you already have Nebula devices registered with Professional pack.
    • Tell us which APIs you are going to try, and share us the information about your integrated software.
    • Give us the main contact window with the registered Nebula (Myzyxel.com) account.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks