[NEBULA] How to configure SSID schedule off from 1 to 7am ?

reno
reno Posts: 3
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 2023 in Nebula
Hi,

- Edit -
I'm starting to use a Zyxel AP, but I've had hard time to find how to switch wifi off at night from 1am to 7am.

help here finally helped using wifi off and reversing time slots - not so intuitive : https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/9930/nebula-how-to-configure-ssid-schedule

Best,
Renaud.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Ivan
    Zyxel_Ivan Posts: 259  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Dear @reno

I am happy you found the solution and thanks for your feedback.
    I'll have our RD team know about this issue.

Thanks.

Ivan
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @reno,

In case you have any example/ idea about SSID availability feature, we're please if you share with us. We'll evaluate carefully about that. 

Thank you in advance! 

Judy

• reno
    edited February 2023

I think that what confused me are the lack of explanation and color code change :
    - the titles specify "Day" and "availability" though there are obviously 3 functions -> the use of the switch button next to the day is not clear
    - the color of the bar for active SSID period is changing, that is also confusing :
          - when switch wifi ON over the green hours,
          - whereas when switch is OFF, wifi is ON over the yellow hours and there are no more green
          -> I would rather prefer to keep green all the time when I want it ON

Another point I'm having trouble with, is the absence of my personal schedule preset within the mobile app (iOS) -> I'm not able to force the SSID activation (when I exceptionnaly need it within OFF time) and to re-activate it afterward.
    The best option you could provide for me is to be able to deactivate my personal schedule for 24h (force wifi/SSID ON) and to automatically reactivate the scheduling after that period.
    -> my need is to force wifi ON during 1 off period without changing the full config.

Thanks for your consideration.
  • I have set up a nightly shutdown schedule. But the AP is always on anyway. 

• Zyxel_Judy
    reno said:

I think that what confused me are the lack of explanation and color code change :
    - the titles specify "Day" and "availability" though there are obviously 3 functions -> the use of the switch button next to the day is not clear
    - the color of the bar for active SSID period is changing, that is also confusing :
          - when switch wifi ON over the green hours,
          - whereas when switch is OFF, wifi is ON over the yellow hours and there are no more green
          -> I would rather prefer to keep green all the time when I want it ON

Another point I'm having trouble with, is the absence of my personal schedule preset within the mobile app (iOS) -> I'm not able to force the SSID activation (when I exceptionnaly need it within OFF time) and to re-activate it afterward.
    The best option you could provide for me is to be able to deactivate my personal schedule for 24h (force wifi/SSID ON) and to automatically reactivate the scheduling after that period.
    -> my need is to force wifi ON during 1 off period without changing the full config.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hi @reno,

Thank you for sharing with us your using experience.

Regarding to the explanation, color code and Nebula Mobile APP > Schedule > Custom schedule, we’ll evaluate about that.

At the present, there is no Custom schedule on Nebula Mobile APP, so in case, you need to force wifi ON during 1 off period without changing the full config, please go to Nebula, choose Schedule template as “Always on”, and the re-choose your personal schedule when you need.

Judy

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @Mada99,

This screen to configure SSID availability and the schedules which can be applied to the SSIDs. It means in the configured time, SSIDs are broadcasted or not, and it is not related to the AP is on/ off.

About AP on/ off schedule, in case there is Nebula switch, you can go to Switch > Configure > PoE schedules to create a schedule and then apply for the port that connect to your AP.

Judy

• reno
    Thanks for taking my remark into consideration.

Regarding the Nebula App, I thought and tried about your solution but it's not satisfying at all to have to go back on the website to reactivate the personnalized schedule. More-over, the website is not usable with my smartphone (design not adaptative).
    So I ended to create a second SSID that I switch on when needed. So I don't touch existing configuration. Not the best, but less annoying.

Best,
    Renaud.
  • Zyxel_Judy

Hi @reno,

Thank you for sharing with us your walkaround solution.

Related to add Custom schedule option into Nebula Mobile APP > Schedule, we’ll evaluate carefully about that.

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks