"nwa1123-ac pro" guest wifi

jh17
jh17 Posts: 3
First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula
Hi,

I have the following setup:
"4G-AC68U Asus 4G router" - several unmanaged switches - "nwa1123-ac pro"

How can I setup a guest wifi network where the clients are not able to reach internal IPs, only the internet?

Thanks!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 876  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @jh17,

To create the guest wifi network, please refer to this FAQ: How to set up Guest access to the network on Nebula — Zyxel Community

Judy

• jh17
    First Comment
    Hi,
    thanks - but I think this does not work - I think this only blocks other clients which are connected to the same SSID, isn't it?
    I simply want that the guest clients are not able to reach my servers etc.
    Thanks,
    Johannes
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    edited January 2023
    jh17 said:
    I simply want that the guest clients are not able to reach my servers etc.

If your 4G-AC68U Asus 4G router supports several LAN interfaces and vLANs, you need to buy managed and vLAN capable switches. And reconfigure nwa1123-ac pro to serve your SSID on the right vLAN bridged to your network, and the guest SSID on the right vLAN bridged to the secondary (and guest) network created from your  4G-AC68U Asus 4G router.
    In a shorter way: you need to verify if the other parts of your network (so not  nwa1123-ac pro) are adequate for your goal. Unmanaged switches surely are not.
  • jh17
    First Comment
    Hi,
    changing the overall hardware is not an option. Would it be possible with some other access point from Zyxel? Can you recommend one? POE is important.
    Thanks
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 876  Zyxel Employee

With your current topology with unmanaged switches, the Zyxel access points can support to create a guest network that allows wireless clients which are connected to the same SSID can surf the Internet and can’t access other wireless clients.  

In case you want that the guest wireless clients are not able to reach your wired servers, please refer to the recommendation from user @mMontana. 

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks