Wireguard?

124»

Comments

• I agree - wireguard support would be fantastic. After using openvpn for quite some time, the ease of use and flexibility of wireguard is just fantastic. I very much support this idea.
  • Omnia
    Omnia Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    +1
  • Is this already integrated in the ATP? It would be very useful. +1

• ESupport
    ESupport Posts: 18  Freshman Member

Nope

I watched the introduction of the Flex-H-Firewall and there were questions regarding wireguard and the technician in the video said they would not implement it because of security conserns because there where CVEs in the past. The only thing i could find would be https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2023-35838 but this is for the windows-client. I really think they don't care about wireguardsupport.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,656  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 26

StrongSwanVPN should work

• FelixSchneider
    FelixSchneider Posts: 49  Freshman Member

Also regarding their vulnerability track record they should be the last one's complaining…

Remember the built-in backdoor...

CVE-2020-29583

So guess wireguard is not profitable, I don't blame them but it's still a bummer, and this non excuse also does not help.

The thing is I would have upgraded solely for Wireguard...

Have a nice day.

• ESupport
    ESupport Posts: 18  Freshman Member

But that's not wireguard. The new FlexH creates an openvpn-File for SSL-VPN which is a nice step forward but still, no wireguard. I need the always on resilience that in my opinion only wireguard delivers.