USG60W No 5Ghz Broadcasting

Options
2»

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,725  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    its possible the wireless hardware has gone faulty?

Also I'm running the newest firmware all seems fine
  • AndreYPB
    AndreYPB Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Its possible, but on all 3 to have the same issue what are the chances, right out of the box. I have 4.10 so will try running that later this eve out of hours and see how I get on. otherwise, I'll just have to order separate APs and if that's the case, I will seek another manufacturer out of principal.
  • PeterUK
    Options
    Maybe backup the config then reset to default and setup wifi to see if that fixes it.  
  • AndreYPB
    Options
    Hi, I will send the requested info tomorrow Emily.

I've just switched to the old firmware (4.10) and everything works perfect, same settings. 5G & 2.4G working at the same time. The only remaining issue is 5G has 2 bars signal compared to 2.4G, doing performance testing shows 5G is slower than 2.4G... Despite being right next to the router! Obviously some features are missing in 4.10 and it uses an outdated TLS Cipher on the SSL web login. So ideally I would prefer to use the newer firmware and have everything working.

I will sign off for the night for now.

Thanks,

Andre

• AndreYPB
    Options
    @PeterUK I would be interested to know how your 5G signal and performance looks in comparison to the 2.4G. I've split them into two separate SSIDs so I can tell them apart, and using my wifi analyser checked that the signals are indeed true to their respective protocols (they are).
  • PeterUK
    edited February 2023
    Options

Its not my main AP so only just testing it I get at most by 2G and 5G about 45Mb and if I run many speed tests in a row the client would disconnect and then running more tests I caused the USG60W to reboot! and I have done it again!

Edit the speed was by a VPN link so testing again I get 94Mb on 2G and 100Mb on 5G

• AndreYPB
    Options
    @PeterUK Seems you're having your own issues. Best of luck getting them resolved.

According to the datasheet, 5G should be capable of 300 Mb/s on this device. My connection is 200Mb/s, I'm seeing better performance on 2.4G 45Mb/s (same as you & as expected). I have a Unify AP I've just tested and I get incredible speed, I get the full 200Mb/s on speedtest(dot)net.

I think I will give up on the USG60W series going forward.
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    To get better throughput, try to enable Fast Forwarding on USG60W in Configuration > System > Advanced > Fast Forwarding. Fast forwarding is designed to maximize the NAT, Routing, Firewall, and VPN performance.

Security Highlight