nwa50ax download/upload speed

I have 3 nwa50ax all wired to a router which has wifi. If i connect to the router wifi i get download speeds of approx. 406 Mbps and upload approx. 142 Mbps. If i connect any of the nwa50ax i get approx. 90 Mbps and upload approx. 86 Mbps.

Why is the speed so much lower on the nwa50ax.

All Replies

• PuuhaPete
    PuuhaPete Posts: 8
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited March 2023

Are you sure the NWA50 access points get a 1000Mbps network connection? The speed you tell them giving your client suggests that maybe the wired network connection between your access points and the router / switch is only 100Mbps?

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 458  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @IT4VISION

Thanks for your question. 

To better assist you, could you please provide us with more details on how you have tested the NWA50AX's download/upload speeds, including whether you turned off the router SSID and whether any other end devices were connected to WiFi during the test? 

Using a reliable speed test tool like Speedtest by Ookla or Google Speed Test can help accurately test the speed. Additionally, please provide us with the router model, and also check the network connection (10/100/1000M) on Router’s LAN port.

If you're managing the NWA50AX in Nebula mode, please enable Zyxel Support in the Nebula CC >> Help center >> Support request for us to check if there is any misconfiguration impacting WiFi speed. 

Also, keep in mind that the location of your end device relative to the access point/router affects WiFi speed. We recommend placing the access point in a central location to improve coverage and performance. 

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Best Regards, 

Nami  

Zyxel Nami

Nebula Tips & Tricks