Feature Request: XGS2210 support to Change IGMP Query Interval

Zyxel_Melen
Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited July 2023 in Switch Ideas
User @bseizproposes that 
  • XGS2210 support to Change IGMP Query Interval

If anyone likes this idea, please feel free to leave a comment or click vote.  
Original post

Zyxel Melen

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• mw_dw
    mw_dw Posts: 10
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Yes! I know I have talked with you in message and also to Zyxel USA and they were going to relay this back to corporate.  IGMP Query Interval setting is ideal for Dante and other AVoIP.  Please bring this setting to the GS2220 and XGS2220 line-up.  
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @mw_dw,

May I know is there any service impact if the switch is unable to change the IGMP Query Interval?

Zyxel Melen

• mw_dw

When the query interval is large, the time required before multicast starts working properly becomes longer.  I'm no expert but AVoIP, especially Dante, recommends this be set at 30seconds or lower, I'm guessing to prevent audio and video ‘artifacts’, drop outs, and signal degradation.

• mw_dw

To answer your question directly, we deployed the GS1900 series, and recently the GS2220 for Dante and with no rhyme or reason there would the occasional trivial drop out in the audio. It would be nice to be able to set IGMP QI to recommended setting to rule that out as the culprit.

• Zyxel_Melen

Hi @mw_dw,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

The audio occurs with the occasional trivial dropout with no rhyme or reason might due to many reasons. I will PM you to collect some information about this problem, please check your message box.

Besides, I will pass on this information to our switch product team.

Zyxel Melen