Some NWA55AXE Access Points won't connect Wireless Bridge with VLAN

TAPTech
TAPTech Posts: 165  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
edited March 2023 in Nebula

I have a site with NWA55AXE AP's, and the units that are set up for wireless bridge are acting funky. They will be offline for 30 minutes, then check in with somewhat minimal information, and then go offline again. Most of the other AP's in the area are NWA55AXE but we do have some NAP203 units. Is it possible for the AP to connect to another AP that doesn't have Wireless Bridge capability and mess it up?

After some more investigation, I've realized that if I remove the Root AP from their VLAN group and set them back to the native VLAN1, things start working again. Is this a bug?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @TAPTech ,

We'd like to check your site to find the root cause out, so please enable customer’s Zyxel support by going to the left sidebar > Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes for us to check.

And provide the Org and Site name here or via private message by click my account > Message. Thank you.

Judy

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @TAPTech ,

We met the same issue as Repeater AP disconnected intermittent to Nebula. It seems like there is the issue with Downlink function.

Please go to Access point > Monitor > Access points > choose Vessel (Had to Have it) AP > Status > Smart mesh > Enable Downlink to observe whether the issue is solved.

We’ve been working in this issue to find the solution out. We’ll tell you if there is any update.

Judy

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @TAPTech ,

After carefully look into the site, we determined that the Mesh problem was caused by the Repeater do the DHCP renew by itself as well.

To resolve the problem, we have released a new datecode firmware. Please link up your Repeater AP with Ethernet cable to let the AP online stably and let us know when it would be convenient for us to schedule the update on your Nebula site.

Judy

• TAPTech
    TAPTech Posts: 165  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector

Thanks for the help on this, Judy. Some other things I've noticed- if I change the VLAN setting of an NWA55AXE that is connected wirelessly, it will go offline and not reconnect. I have a test setup in my office which has a strong signal.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @TAPTech ,

As private message, based on the event log, there are many logs as Repeater APs using 2.4GHz, 5GHz to find the root AP. It seems like the signal is not good.
    According to the layout plan, there is a obstacles between Repeater AP (Vessel (Had to Have it)) and Root AP (Josh Office). You confirmed the low signal issue and scheduled a site visit to check it.

For your office - another site, I checked that the Repeater/ Root AP still online stably after I changed the AP Management VLAN to 17 tagged.

It is supported to set the management VLAN tagged on WiFi/ Smart meshed Access Points.

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks