Routing L2TP for access other tunnels

Options
alexpe
alexpe Posts: 42  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hello,
I have a USG 110. I have configured a L2TP tunnel over IPSEC. The connection works perfectly for me. I am trying to configure a routing to be able to access the subnets of other tunnels that I have from site to site. But I am not able to reach them. Could someone help me configure the routing to be able to access the rest of the tunnels that I have configured from L2TP?

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,320  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Concentrator…

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,801  Guru Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Do you have any overlapping subnets that are enabled per given site and the other sites with the same subnet?

• alexpe
    Options

I do not understand what you mean. I have three subnets within the same lan. I need the L2TP tunnel over IPsec to be able to reach these three subnets.

• PeterUK
    edited April 2023
    Options

Is your setup like this

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360010904260-VPN-Routing-traffic-from-VPN-tunnel-to-a-another-VPN-site-VPN-Routing-

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360000709460-VPN-Configure-Failover-with-Dual-WAN-Trunk-Failover-VPN-Concentrator-#h_01GM2Z78N7WGXGP5W6XB5AFGHP

• alexpe
    Options

Thank you very much for your comments. I think I have not explained myself well with my problem.
    I have created an access to my office through L2TP tunnel

I can access my office subnet without problem.
    In my office there are another 3 site-to-site tunnels configured with three different subnets. In those 3 subnets I have routing rules to be able to access from my office.
    What I need is to create a routing rule to be able to access from my L2TP access to the other three subnets.

Routing rule 1. is the one that I have configured to be able to access the other three subnets, but it doesn't work for me. Could you tell me why?

• alexpe
    Options

I have tried what you mentioned but it still doesn't work for me. I think the problem is in local policy

What would be the correct one?

• PeterUK
    edited April 2023
    Options

So you want those connected to remote access server role to connect to the site to site tunnels?

What are the subnets? From what I see in routeing rule you use the same source LAN1_subnet

• alexpe
    Options

Exactly, I want those who connect to the remote access function to be able to access the site-to-site tunnels.

The subnets are from the other tunnels I have site-to-site from my office's lan1_subnet. Two of them make a next-hop for having SNAT configuration.

• PeterUK
    edited April 2023
    Options

So shouldn't those who connect to the remote access have routing rules from source 192.168.50.1-192.168.50.250 with Destination to next hop site to site tunnels?

Security Highlight