NR7101 Nebula to inside Wifi and LAN

Options
MediaExces
MediaExces Posts: 3
First Comment
edited November 2023 in Nebula

Hello,

I have now a NR7101 Nebula outdoor and like to have indoor Wifi and LAN/switch.

Now i don’t kno what to buy.

Can i use a….

USG FLEX 100W as access point (with a cable from NR7101 Nebula outdoor) > and work from there with Wireless LAN (no cable, but use as range extender)

Or….

Do i need a Switch > Wireless LAN (with a cable from NR7101 Nebula outdoor) > Wireless LAN (no cable, but use as range extender)

I Have a….

NR7101 Nebula (now in router mode, not pass trough)

Need….

To go to a point (in my office) where i have WiFi and can plug in cables (if only one its okay, can then go to a Switch) annd frome there to a range externder system to get WiFi in the other 5 offices. i like to work with Nebula.

Please tell me the best options and what to buy, 2.4 an 5 GHz is okay for us.

Thanks i advance,

Hendrik

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 989  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

HI @MediaExces ,

We would like to gather more information to assist you to find the best option, so could you share with us:

1. The number of wireless clients need to connect to the network.

2. In case using the typology as Nebula NR7101 > Switch > Access point, the number of access point as your plan.

3. How large is your five offices?

Note that in case you'd like to manage the device by Nebula, please use the firewall/ switch/ access point. Range externders are not managed by Nebula.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• MediaExces
    Options

1. The number of wireless clients need to connect to the network > 50 or some more.

2. In case using the typology as Nebula NR7101 > Switch > Access point, the number of access point as your plan. > 3 till 5

3. How large is your five offices? > 300m2 on one floor, it's a complete building on a big plot, but it's from 1970 so the walls ar from brick and all about 50cm thick,(also the inside walls)

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @MediaExces ,

Based on your requirements, we would recommend the following network topology: Nebula NR7101 > GS1920 switch > NWA50AX/90AX access points. The Nebula cloud management platform allows you to manage easily all of your devices.

The GS1920 switch is a PoE switch that can provide power to the NWA50AX/90AX access points, eliminating the need for separate power adapters. We recommend the GS1920-8HPv2 model, which has 8 ports, to connect the 5 NWA50AX access points to the switch. If you need to connect additional devices, we suggest considering the GS1920-24v2 or above, which has more ports.

The NWA50AX / 90AX access points are Wifi 6 Dual-Radio PoE APs that are suitable and reasonable for small businesses. We recommend placing one access point in each office to ensure good signal strength because there are obstacles as thick brick walls (the signal is low over the obstacles). For advanced features, we suggest referring to the function table to choose a suitable model.

• MediaExces
    Options

Thanks for the help, i will go from there but…….

If i put a USG FLEX 100W before your setup, do i then still need a NWA90AX access point in that space/my own office? or can i also use it as access point LAN/WLAN?

The GS1920-8HPv2 only has 8 ports can just take a GS1920-24HPv2?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @MediaExces ,

f i put a USG FLEX 100W before your setup, do i then still need a NWA90AX access point in that space/my own office? or can i also use it as access point LAN/WLAN?

In this case, you can use the topology as Nebula NR7101 > USG FLEX 100W > GS1920 switch > NWA50AX/90AX access points. USG FLEX 100W for your own office, 4 access points for other offices.

The GS1920-8HPv2 only has 8 ports can just take a GS1920-24HPv2?

GS1920-24HPv2 has 24 ports, so it is suiable if you need to connect additional wired devices.

Nebula Tips & Tricks