Nebula - Error saving SSID Schedule

Hello

Since new Nebula Portal upgrade, i receive Error: "There were errors in saving this configuration it's not a pic", when i enable SSID Schedule.

What i tested:

• different Browsers
  • new Schedule
  • new SSID, new Schedule

not possbile to enable SSID Schudule, always Error Message. The only thing that work is: SSID with enabled Schedule (before Updgrade), edit this schedule. The Error ist displayed too, but the new Times where stored.

Has anyone else this problem? Thx for Reply

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 877  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @SurfersParadise ,

We tried to reproduce your case, however we didn't encounter the issue as you did.

So, could you provide the org/ site name and enable customer’s Zyxel support by going to the left sidebar > Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes for us to check?

By the way, could we enable SSID Schedule (Schedule template as Always on) in your site to confirm the issue?

Judy

• Hello SurfersParadise,

I can confirm your issue and that you are not allone. Since the NCC update 3 days ago this is by design.

I'm getting the same error messaging when I try to update SSID Schedule or Broadcast.

ZYXEL updated our WAX610D Devices after the new NCC Update, but this is not only one Issue after the NCC Update that remains - like it arrived to you, too.

From my point of view as an Escal Engineer, I can not understand very well - how to release this NCC Update without basic rules to QA. To say it loud & cleary, this NCC Update should never have been released in this form.

Maybe ZYXEL will fix this quickly - ZYXEL Support always is great - so it will be fixed.

HTH, Marcolino

PS: @ZYXEL roll back this NCC Update until QA exists. Killing Access Point Mangagemt for guys like @SurfersParadise and others is interesting. Destroying entire infrastructures by making switches unmanageable is even more concerning. For details see CASES ID #366714 internally.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @Marcolino ,

We'd like to verify the issue and fix it as soon as possible if the issue exists.

So, could you provide the org/ site name and enable customer’s Zyxel support by going to the left sidebar > Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, save the changes for us to check?

By the way, could we enable SSID Schedule (Schedule template as Always on) in your site to confirm the issue?

Judy

• Thanks @Marcolino , good to know, that i am not alone. Thanks for your detailed explanation. We will see….

@Zyxel_Judy i given you access to my organisation, let me know we can fix this, have some more organisations.

• Hello @SurfersParadise

for RePro I sent my data to @Zyxel_Judy, too. Knowing ZYXEL for many years very well, I'm sure that we will see a solution / fix quickly.

Looking forward to hearing from @Zyxel_Judy :-)

Thanks for you update, Marcolino

• Your support and what you Judy are doing is more than amazing.

My information on this issue with updates from my side was not published and was blocked by ZYXEL. Enabling new technologies to transform is never frictionless. Considering that ZYXEL operates on a SCRUM basis, it leads to fantastic results.

However, compliance with ITIL and SCRUM transparency rules is not being met, from my perspective, and I ask for understanding in my reaction WHEN A POST IN THE SUPPORT FORUM IS CENSORED.

I will not accept the censorship of my message or the non-appearance of my message with the note that my information is subject to review before publication, and I will escalate it.

If this post does not appear in the thread again, I will help ZYXEL achieve transparency.

ZYXEL is great without the need for censorship of messages for the truth.

Thanks for your understanding, Marcolino

• Dear Judy,

Your support is perfect, and I want to thank you for that.

The released version of NCC is undoubtedly interesting and comes with work for you in support. As an ESCAL engineer, I currently have more than 1000 devices with issues, and the Access Point issue mentioned by @SurfersParadise is replicable on every AP that has OPM connection.

It is interesting that @SurfersParadise found this issue to be non-replicable for you.
    I have attached a SNAPSHOT for you that I see globally in the Operations Management, corresponding to the issue mentioned by @SurfersParadise – something that is replicable on every ZYXEL WAX series device.

As an ESCAL engineer, I have access to all ZYXEL Access Point devices and would like to test which Access Point devices that do not have
    problems with the new NCC.

Could you give me a tip on which Access Point device you used to make the statement to @SurfersParadise, "We tried to reproduce your case, however we didn't encounter the issue as you did"?

It would be great if you could assist me with which Access Point device you believe that is fully functional with the new NCC at the moment – without these replicable issues.

Thank again for your perfect support!
    Marcolino

• Hi Judy,

I have looked at the initiated NIC Trace on WAX devices for you and evaluated it on a layer level in debug mode.

• The picture in the results for analyzing the problem is clear. Release of NCC remains interesting.
    • In short, an adjustment of the NCC or a firmware update of the WAX devices is necessary for a solution.
    • Simply put, both are currently not speaking the same language (NCC<>ACP).
    • There is no issue on the client side.
    • It is a ZyXEL issue with the released version of NCC.

In summary: FIX NCC or FIX client device with firmware update.

After implementing one of these things, no support request will be made by customers anymore – the solution is in the hands of ZyXEL.

With these words, I also say goodbye to this thread, hoping to have helped a little bit further.

It was a lot of fun to be able to help, and I hope the steps taken in deep analysis are interesting for ZyXEL as well as for all ZyXEL customers.

Solving problems leads to a happy network :-)

Best regards from Europe and have a great time,

Marcolino

Captain MESO (Dipl. Ing. Markus Ehrl) | Solution Architect  | Principal Consultant Enterprise Infrastructure | Escalation Engineer | Global Microsoft Practice

MESO Products | Via Vairano 113 - Residenza Orizzonte Blu | CH-6575 San Nazzaro / Vairano | Phone Germany: +49 (89) 381 64-185 | Phone International: +41 (91) 7800-434 | Fax: +41 (91) 7800-438 | markus.ehrl@mesoproducts.de| www.mesoproducts.deTEAMS SIP Address for Presence/Voice/Videocall:markus.ehrl@mesoproducts.de

• Hi Judy,

thanks a lot for your quick reply. ZYXEL Support is always unique - fantastic what you are doing😊

I have gladly triggered the INVITE for you. Regarding SITE/ORG you can find this in case #366714. Additionally I will send SITE/ORG data to you privately.

Focus of this request is based to the problem mentioned by @SurfersParadise to SSID availability.

STEPS FOR REPRO:

For REPRO just try to change the SSID "DEVICES CLOUD" to broadcast - to see mentioned error message from @SurfersParadise here, too.

And yes, you could enable any Schedule or Broadcasting anytime to this SSID.

Thanks again for your great support! I look forward to hearing from you again,

Marcolino

PS: For the failure of switch systems due to the NCC update, you can find the documentation on PROBLEM/CAUSE documented by me in Case #366714.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @SurfersParadise and @Marcoli ,

Thank you for support. We confirmed the issue in your sites. We've been checking the issue and fix it as soon as possible.

@Marcolino : The root cause of the issue is still being investigated. However, we suspect that it is related to the Nebula platform rather than the device. The models I was using to reproduce include WAC6103D-I, NWA90X, and NWA210AX.

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks