USG20-VPN Crash

mariog81
mariog81 Posts: 1
Good morning
since yesterday all my usg20-vpn are crashing.
After reboot it works fine for a few minutes and then crashes again.
The web gui shows the message "server busy"

All Replies

• MASTECH
    MASTECH Posts: 1
    First Comment

hi,

exactly same case here !!!

either usg20 in 5.30 or 5.35

• smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 145  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

If you have got a known good backup of all the settings for your USG20-VPN from before the problem started, you may want to factory reset your device, then reload the config and reboot to see if it helps. Not sure if there is a limit to log storage or if that is even an issue on your device.

• Unfiniti
    Unfiniti Posts: 3
    Friend Collector First Comment

Following the incident that occurred this morning, we would like to provide our feedback. Several of our clients experienced a loss of VPN connection. The issue had various consequences for the clients, including incorrect password for the graphical interface, slow graphical interface performance, and VPN unavailability. In order to resolve these issues for all clients, we recommend performing a software update on the Zyxel device and restarting it.

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee

Thank you for all your valuable feedback. We are actively working on this issue and developing a new firmware version specifically for this case. As soon as the firmware is ready, we will provide an update in this thread. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

• 6ilvio
    6ilvio Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hi,

We are experienced the same issues on USG FLEX 100 & USG FLEX 200.
    Firmware 5.36(ABUI.1)C0, changed by 5.35(ABUH.0) but the problems are the same : Impossible to acces GUI Admin, VPN Disconnected.

We wait a solution.

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee

The issue has fixed by firmware. You can download firmware by this thread.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member

Not sure whats needed for the attack to happen but if you don't use VPN are you blocking VPN services to Zywall? Maybe get a swtich with ACL to drop VPN services getting to Zywall?

If you use a VPN can you DDNS each side and allow VPN services from that DDNS each side? Or use a switch with ACL to allow given IP's to Zywall for VPN services and drop the rest.

• MIW
    MIW Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hello,

I have the same problem since yesterday with a USG FLEX 20VPN.

The IPSEC cuts off it works again after restarting but it replants a few minutes later.

I also lose access to the interface but I keep access to the network.

No modifications have been made to this FW for a long time.

Security Highlight