replacement for ZYXEL router version XMG3927-B50A

Options
bigkenny
bigkenny Posts: 25  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi,

I live in the UK and at the moment I`m on a FTTC with TalkTalk. Im using a ZYXEL version XMG3927-B50A as my gateway modem/router this is connected to two (2) TP-Link Archer AX50 routers via cat cable these routers are all linked/setup in In access point (AP) mode.

Everything is working great, no problem all I want to know what is the replacement/new model for my XMG3927-B50A that I could replace it with if/when I need to (also would the saved backup_restore file work in new machine) The only thing I would not need is G.fast but would ike same or better specs than the XMG3927-B50A

Many Thanks

Best Answers

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 841  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @bigkenny

Maybe NBG7510 would be a good replacement for you with your FTTC connection...

https://www.zyxel.com/uk/en-gb/products/wifi-router/ax1800-wifi-6-gigabit-router-nbg7510/specifications

I don't think that you can restore the backup file as is.

Kind regards Tony

• tonygibbs16
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @bigkenny

You're welcome, but I think that I made a mistake.

NBG7510 doesn't support VDSL, so it would not be a replacement for you if you need that with your FTTC connection.

Maybe DX3301-T0 would be good for you, as it definitely has VDSL, see https://service-provider.zyxel.com/emea/en/products/dsl-cpe/vdsl/dx3301dx3300ex3301ex3300-t0-series

Amazon.co.uk retail it.

Apologies for my mistake.

Tony

• bigkenny
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok many thanks for the update. I was having a look round and managed to get a XMG3927-B50A going cheap so going to get that and get it all setup with my config files and up date the firmware to same as mine. Make sure it all works and then pack it all away so if my original packs up, I can swap it all over with no bother as connected up to loads of TVs (an NAS) and linked to 2 other routers in AP mode, so would be a right pain to set a new one up from scratch. But will keep your info incase need to get it. thanks

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @bigkenny

Maybe NBG7510 would be a good replacement for you with your FTTC connection...

https://www.zyxel.com/uk/en-gb/products/wifi-router/ax1800-wifi-6-gigabit-router-nbg7510/specifications

I don't think that you can restore the backup file as is.

Kind regards Tony

• bigkenny
    Options

ok thanks its incase need replacement incase mine goes so Im ready

• tonygibbs16
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @bigkenny

You're welcome, but I think that I made a mistake.

NBG7510 doesn't support VDSL, so it would not be a replacement for you if you need that with your FTTC connection.

Maybe DX3301-T0 would be good for you, as it definitely has VDSL, see https://service-provider.zyxel.com/emea/en/products/dsl-cpe/vdsl/dx3301dx3300ex3301ex3300-t0-series

Amazon.co.uk retail it.

Apologies for my mistake.

Tony

• bigkenny
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok many thanks for the update. I was having a look round and managed to get a XMG3927-B50A going cheap so going to get that and get it all setup with my config files and up date the firmware to same as mine. Make sure it all works and then pack it all away so if my original packs up, I can swap it all over with no bother as connected up to loads of TVs (an NAS) and linked to 2 other routers in AP mode, so would be a right pain to set a new one up from scratch. But will keep your info incase need to get it. thanks

Consumer Product Help Center