DX3301 putting in to Modem Mode

Options

Hi All,

Sorry you may need to go a little as as I am not that tech savvy I want to put my router in to Modem mode but what I have tried does not seem to work. I am trying to connect a set of Tenda Nova as the WIFI I have is very bad, I was looking to see if the set of 3 Mesh Tenda Nova will help.

Can you advise what wire goes where please - I have been on to the router setting and selected Bridge mode but cant seem to get any internet or get it working.

I have been on with the ISP Shell BB and they only guarantee the speed to the router i am paying for 500mb and wired I get that on WIFI I get about 20mb

Thank you

Ste

Accepted Solution

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 842  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @StephenLam48

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think that you have to put the DX3301 into Bridge mode.

Looking at the Tenda Nova information at https://www.tendacn.com/uk/product/mw6.html , it seems you connect the first Nova cube to the DX3301 by an Ethernet cable.

This means that you can leave the DX3301 in router mode, and just connect the Tenda Nova to the DX3301 by Ethernet cable.

Please do ask more if you wish.

Kind regards,

Tony

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 842  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @StephenLam48

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think that you have to put the DX3301 into Bridge mode.

Looking at the Tenda Nova information at https://www.tendacn.com/uk/product/mw6.html , it seems you connect the first Nova cube to the DX3301 by an Ethernet cable.

This means that you can leave the DX3301 in router mode, and just connect the Tenda Nova to the DX3301 by Ethernet cable.

Please do ask more if you wish.

Kind regards,

Tony

• StephenLam48
    Options

Perfect I now have it working and getting the speeds i should have expected.

Thanks

Ste

Consumer Product Help Center