How do I remove my device from Nebula and just administer it locally?

Options
iainmackay
iainmackay Posts: 10  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

I just started up a new NWA0AX access point for use on my home LAN. Having followed the process of downloading the Nebula app and starting to configure the AP, I realise this is way too much overhead for managing a simple LAN with 4 APs, so I want to (a) just manage the AP over my LAN and (b) delete all the Nebula stuff and my account there. Is there a simple set of instructions to do this and retain admin access to the AP locally? Are there any pitfalls?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 950  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @iainmackay ,

As our conversation, you still ‘d like to access the MyZyxel portal to monitor your registered device, and don’t want to manage APs by Nebula or APs discover Nebula anymore, so the solution is to go to AP web GUI and disable NCC discovery.

Note that: Your Zyxel account is used across all Zyxel applications. Therefore, if you choose to delete your account, you will lose access to MyZyxel as well as all other Zyxel applications.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @iainmackay ,

You can use the Nebula portal or Nebula Mobile APP from anywhere with an Internet connection and configure, monitor, and manage you APs with Base Pack (license-free feature set/ service with a rich set of management features)

In case you prefer to manage the AP over LAN (manage your AP in standalone mode), you can remove the AP from Nebula by navigating to License & Inventory > Devices > Actions > Remove from organization.

After the removal process is complete, your AP will reboot and switch to standalone mode.

To delete Nebula account, please confirm here again and then we'll implement the account deleting process OR you can check the below link and then sent an email to submit an account deleting request: Zyxel Privacy Policy

• iainmackay
    iainmackay Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Thank you @Zyxel_Judy. One question before I commit: what admin password will the device have when it reverts to standalone mode? Will it retain the password assigned by Nebula, or something different?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @iainmackay ,

When device reverts to standalone mode, please login to the Web GUI with account/ password as admin / 1234.

Note that: The configuration on Nebula won't exist on the AP. The device will come back to the factory configuration.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @iainmackay ,

There is only one NWA50AX not 4 APs under the account as iain@***.co.uk.

Please confirm whether you'd like to delete this account or another account on Nebula. In case you'd like to delete another account, please use that account send a message for us.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @iainmackay ,

As our conversation, you still ‘d like to access the MyZyxel portal to monitor your registered device, and don’t want to manage APs by Nebula or APs discover Nebula anymore, so the solution is to go to AP web GUI and disable NCC discovery.

Note that: Your Zyxel account is used across all Zyxel applications. Therefore, if you choose to delete your account, you will lose access to MyZyxel as well as all other Zyxel applications.

Nebula Tips & Tricks