Show other devices in topology

Options
accurro
accurro Posts: 29  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude

Pro licence

when does "Show other devices" ever not be greyed out. it used to be available but on none of my org can it be used. Has the feature been disabled?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,675  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @accurro,

"Show other devices" is still available. Zyxel topology uses LLDP information from every Zyxel device that is received to display, if the Zyxel device does not receive an LLDP packet from other devices, "show other devices" will be grayed out.

Please help to check if the other devices sent the LLDP packet or not.

Zyxel Melen

• accurro
    Options

Hi Melen

just tested on a nebula pro network with additional zyxel kit connected (atp700 in cloud monitor mode and 6x xgs2210-52HP) box still greyed and un-selectable. Does that mean the atp700 doesn't send LLDP packet?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @accurro,

Thanks for sharing the mode you're using. In my previous scenario, the firewall was in Nebula mode. When the firewall is in cloud monitor mode, currently it won't update LLDP information to Nebula. So, it won't be displayed on topology even if you enable smart connect function.

If it connects with switch or AP which is registered in the same site, you will see the firewall shows as a Zyxel device icon. But it won't display other devices which connect to the firewall in the topology.

I did a local LAB with topology:

Uplink —- XS1930 —— USG FLEX200(cloud monitoring mode) —— XGS2210.

And the result in below:

I understand your requirement to check the topology. I have helped to create an idea post for this requirement. You can find the link to the idea section below:

Zyxel Melen

• accurro
    Options

i have both full nebula firewall sites and site with firewall in cloud monitoring mode the function of "Show other devices" in topology is the same ie it doesn't work.

in the cloud monitored senario (nebula pro) switches and wap are all full nebula (wax650s and xs3800s, xs1930-12hp) but the atp 700 is shown as ? with box say "not enough infomation"

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @accurro,

Could you help to enable Zyxel support and provide the org & site name for me to check?
    Please go to Help (On the top of right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save.

Also need your help providing a simple topology for these sites, thanks.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks