VLAN interrouting

Hello,

I'm on an XGS1930-28hp.

I've configured some VLAN on it.

i'd like to interconnect a VLAN with another one directly on the switch. How can i do ?

thanks

Bests

Thomas

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,091  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    Answer ✓

Hi @Toulouzzzz,

I can ping the PC in another VLAN in my LAB. Please reference the handbook chapter 2.2 for the configuration.

https://download.zyxel.com/XGS1930-28HP/handbook/XGS1930-28HP_2020.1.pdf

Once the configuration is set, please visit Management > Routing Table > IPv4 Routing Table to check if the routing rule has been set.

Then use tracert to check if the PC sends the packets to the correct gateway.

By the way, I was unable to ping once because my laptop was connected to the Wi-Fi network, which caused it to send the packet to the network's default gateway.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

• Toulouzzzz
    Toulouzzzz Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Find the solution

Mask problem

Solved

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,352  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @Toulouzzzz ,

Could you share with us which management mode you are using, Standalone or Nebula?

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Hi Zyxel_Judy

A standalone mode.

I've given an IP adresse to all of the Vlan (10.0.2.254 for the Vlan2, 10.0.3.254 for the Vlan 3...) and a 255.255.255.0 Mask

I set the first computer (Vlan2) on 10.0.2.1 and gateway 10.0.2.254 and the other one (Vlan3) on 10.0.3.1 and gateway 10.0.3.254. but the first cant ping the other one

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,152  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

Is their a firewall on the PC's?

• Oh ! Good point

I checked on one of the pc but not on both

I check this tonight.

• Zyxel_Melen
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited August 2023

Hi @Toulouzzzz,

Are you able to ping after disabling the firewall on both PCs?

If the problem still exists, please let me know.

Zyxel Melen

• Hi

Still not working.

I've connectés à Switch on port 5 (Vlan3) with those settings :

I ve connected my PC on port 1 (VLAN2) with these settings. Firewall is off.

And here are the IP settings of my switch :

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓

Hi @Toulouzzzz,

I can ping the PC in another VLAN in my LAB. Please reference the handbook chapter 2.2 for the configuration.

https://download.zyxel.com/XGS1930-28HP/handbook/XGS1930-28HP_2020.1.pdf

Once the configuration is set, please visit Management > Routing Table > IPv4 Routing Table to check if the routing rule has been set.

Then use tracert to check if the PC sends the packets to the correct gateway.

By the way, I was unable to ping once because my laptop was connected to the Wi-Fi network, which caused it to send the packet to the network's default gateway.

Zyxel Melen

• Hi

Everything is created as u explain.

The first time I used tracert, the first ping i've sent was sent to the Wifi as u.

I ve shut down the Wifi on my laptop.

When I ping my switch (pluggin it directly on the same Vlan) tracert is running well.

I tried to ping gateway Vlan3 (10.3.0.254) from laptop connected toi Vlan2 (10.2.0.11) and it works.

• Toulouzzzz
    Toulouzzzz Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Find the solution

Mask problem

Solved