NR5101 doesnt upgrade firmware through Nebula

Options
User4321
User4321 Posts: 11
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2023 in Nebula

Hello!

My brand new NR5101 from Amazon doesnt want to upgrade firmware. I have V1.00(ACCG.3)C0 firmware installed from the box. I've set it up and the Nebula WEB interface suggest upgrading firmware, but the router doesnt upgrade nor through the WEB GUI, nor through Nebula interface.

Through Nebula interface it says "upgrading" when I select "upgrade now" but after a couple of minutes it returns to the same suggestion of upgrade and the firmware version stays the same.

I've tried also through WEB GUI (192.168.1.1.): downloaded V1.15(ACCG.3)C0 from the Zyxel web site, but it says "wrong image file" when I click "upload". I've also tried resetint the device to factory settings twice - still doesn't upgrade. Tried to upgrade firmware without SIM afte reset - same problem.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @User4321,

Following our investigation, we have confirmed the issue on our side through remote upgrading.
    It has been identified as a hardware-related problem. Thus, we kindly ask you to contact your purchase sales or reseller channel to initiate the RMA service.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @User4321 ,

Please going to Nebula > Help (On the top of right) > Support Request > Zyxel support Access to enable and save for us to check. By the way, could we implement the firmware upgrading process to clarify the issue?

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• User4321
    Options

Hi Judy

Ok, I've enabled "Invite Zyxel support as administrator" for 21 days.

Yes, please implement the firmware upgrade to clarify the issue. My router is constatnly online.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @User4321 ,

Thank you for your cooperation. We were able to reproduce your issue in the Nebula. We'll analyze the case and provide you with updates.

Regarding upgrading the firmware via the local GUI, please ensure that you upload the .bin file, not the .zip file. We believe that the message "wrong image file" will appear when you attempt to upload the .zip file.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• User4321
    Options

Hi Judy

Thank you for a quick reply and your help. I own a Zyxel LTE3301-plus without Nebula for four years now, so I'm familiar with the Zyxel firmware update process. I've downloaded the firmware update for NR5101 from https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/support/download?model=nebula-nr5101 and I've used the 115ACCG3C0.bin file from zip folder. I've checked everything again and unfortunately update through local GUI is still failing.

So, I'm looking forward to your analysis results and updates.

• User4321
    Options

Hi Judy

Could you please tell me – any updates on my issue?

I’ve bought this NR5101 for 390 EUR from official Zyxel store, and frankly speaking currently it performs very poorly.

Same place, same LTE coverage, where my Zyxel LTE 3301-plus shows downlink speeds up to 100 - 120 MBit/sec during the day, NR5101 shows only 50-60 MBit/sec. Uplink speeds dropped from 39 Mbit to 5-11 Mbit/sec. I was hoping that higher LTE category of NR5102 (CAT20) will improve the DL and UL speed significantly, comparing to LTE3301-plus, which is only CAT6, but it doesn’t happen.

I hope this situation will improve with updated firmware, so I’m looking forward to your reply.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,673  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @User4321,

Following our investigation, we have confirmed the issue on our side through remote upgrading.
    It has been identified as a hardware-related problem. Thus, we kindly ask you to contact your purchase sales or reseller channel to initiate the RMA service.

Zyxel Melen

• User4321
    Options

Hi Melen

Ok. Thank you.

Nebula Tips & Tricks