[Access Point] Feature to disable WPA3-transition mode on SSID advanced settings

Options
Zyxel_Kay
Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Based on the need of user @AdminSys , we would like to propose the implementation of a feature that allows users to disable WPA3 transition mode on Nebula. This would allow for a faster and more user-friendly way to disable transition mode and enforce exclusive connections from WPA3-supported devices.

This topic was raised in the following discussion:

If anyone likes this idea, please feel free to leave a comment or click vote. The votes and comments will be part of our evaluation process.

Kay

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• tgl
    tgl Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

I've asked for this in the past too. I know there is a way to do it via CLI, but that leaves me wondering how well-tested or supported the mode is.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 568  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @tgl,

To verify that the transition mode has been successfully disabled after applying the CLI command, you can use a WPA3-non-supported client device for testing purposes. When there is any WPA3 SSID in the environment, a WPA3-non-supported Windows PC should display a connection status as shown in this screenshot:

It's important to note that all Zyxel WPA3-supported access points have the capability to disable the transition mode via the CLI command. For a step-by-step guide on how to disable transition mode using CLI, you can refer to this thread:

Kay

Nebula Tips & Tricks