Current Version of SecuExtender for Mac not supported on MacOS 14 Sonoma.

Options

All Replies

• William_70
    William_70 Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited October 2023
    Options

Don't know why ZyXEL hasn't tackled this earlier. They could have tested it earlier in the macOS Sonoma beta's and make SecuExtender compatible with it before the def version came out. But at least they could have said anything about the progress on their website…. So I've contacted ZyXEL Support om 27 Sep. So somewhere around mid-October ;) Better late than never!

Bayardo Sxxxxxxo (Zyxel Support Campus EMEA) 

Sep 27, 2023, 12:07 GMT+2 

Hi Behher,

Unfortunately there's no version of the software yet available. It takes around 2 weeks to have it available on our website. Please do have a look by mid-October and if you still do not find it, contact us back.

Many thanks!

Kind Regards,
    Bayardo Sxxxxxxo

• AndreuE1999
    Options

I feel very disappointed with Zyxel, because first they make you buy a license for Mac computers (It should be free) and they do not support paid software... Its last update was in 2022

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello @AndreuE1999 @ldubrois @Aymeric @AnGr1985 @dev88888888

We understand your frustration with the absence of SecuExtender on macOS 14. Currently, we're actively working on it, and I will let you know as soon as we have a schedule regarding the support for macOS 14.

• ldubrois
    Options

Thanks for your message @Zyxel_James , but frustration is an understatement.

The Sonoma Beta was release on the 5th of june, Release the 26th of September.

I launched the update of the Mac 10 days after the official release ; not a second I could imagine that a well known company like Zyxel will wot have a working solution at this time (and that we will be block and not able to do our work).

• havardd
    Options

This needs to be fixed now! When paying for the product for our mac users we expect this to be taken care of before the relase of the new OS, or at least within a few days of the release. We are now not able to do our work because of this.

• AnGr1985
    Options

So I don't understand how a company like this can't do something like this at least a week after it's been published. Apple has made the developer version available since June. The problem had been known since then and could have been fixed. you sit here and can't work. Small manufacturers have already managed to adapt their programs before the release. @Zyxel_James

• ldubrois
    Options

I think, they just don't care of this product for Mac.

They made it paid for on Mac while it's free on Windows, the support is lousy; perhaps to discourage us from using it and move on to something else

• Alex_91
    Alex_91 Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited October 2023
    Options

but am I wrong or is it possible to install and configure L2TP on the MacOS X Sonoma 14?

Security Highlight