Fiber Optic DX3301-T0

Hi all i have a DX3301-T0 and its been working great on my vdsl line with Zen Broadband UK. Today i upgraded to fiber optic and after playing around and changing settings the internet light stays red. I have pluged back in my fritzbox and that works fine. What am i missing with the Zyxel ? I have set the conection from Adsl, Vdls and Ethernet and none of them work all red light. I know my user name and password are fine as it was working on the old copper line before.

Help please

Accepted Solution

• Mepadd
    Mepadd Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

I solved this myself. I turned vlan off, On the vdsl it was 0,101 turning it off and now the light is green and full conection speed

All Replies

• Mepadd
    Mepadd Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

I solved this myself. I turned vlan off, On the vdsl it was 0,101 turning it off and now the light is green and full conection speed

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 941  Guru Member
    50 Answers 500 Comments Friend Collector Third Anniversary

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, from looking at the user guide at https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/5858783065362-User-Guide-AX-DX-PX-3301-T0-Serie-V5-13-5-50 , it seems like the DX3301-T0 will not work in a fibre to the premises (FTTP) situation.

- it is designed to provide Internet access via DSL connection to ISP.

If you have got the DSL connected, then what shows up in the DX3301-T0 logs why the connection is not coming up?

If your Fritzbox works well with your FTTP, then you could stick with that.

Alternatively you could look at purchasing a Zyxel NBG7510 router which has a 1Gbps Ethernet WAN port that you could connect to the optical line terminal provided by Zen UK.

See https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/products/wifi-router/ax1800-wifi-6-gigabit-router-nbg7510/specifications

- I have an NBG7510 myself, and have used it connected to another Zyxel device that gave me VDSL connection. Now I am using it with the WAN port connected to a LAN port of a Vodafone UK DSL router.

- I am finding it works well.

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards Tony

Consumer Product Help Center