5Ghz WiFi Connected but restricted internet access

Options
Spyr0s
Spyr0s Posts: 9
Friend Collector First Answer First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - WLAN
edited December 2023 in Home Router

After updating my VMG8623-T50B to the latest
5.50(ABPM.8)C0 and 5.50(ABPM.8.1)C0 i can no longer connect to the internet through the 5Ghz wifi band. My devices are connecting to the routers wifi but i'm getting a warning from the devices that "this network doesnt have internet access". On the other hand the 2.4Ghz part of the wifi works fine but with limited internet speed due to the 2.4 Ghz band limitations. I've tried complete reset and setup from scratch, unified wifi network, separate 2,4 and 5 networks, mesh on, mesh off, different channels, always the same problem. "this network doesnt have internet access" with 5Ghz band.

Accepted Solution

• Spyr0s
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - WLAN
    Answer ✓
    Options

Finally i had to downgrade to firmware version 7.3C0.

Now 5Ghz wifi works fine. Firmware 8.0 and 8.1 is buggy and untested, it should be labelled as "beta" and not final release.

All Replies

• Ömer
    Ömer Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

B.In the 5GHz wireless/other settings, select again as a/n/ac and save. This may be useful to you. Also, I think the most stable version is 7.3 c0. I'm using 2.4 and 5ghz combined wifi. Mpro Mesh option is active and I can control it via the application.I also tried the 8C0 version, I tried 8.1 c0. I went back to 7.3 again. I had no problems with the connection or anything else.

• Spyr0s
    Options

Thank you for your answer mr Omer.

I tried your solution "select again as a/n/ac and save" but it didn't worked.

Maybe i will downgrade to 7.3c0 but the 8.1c0 had a newer VDSL driver and i have fery few FEC errors with my 200Mbps VDSL line.

Im using my VMG for VoIP, IPTV, backup PPPoE. Wifi and PPPoE is being handled by another router with Bridge connection for now. If a new firmware will bew released soon and fixes the problem it's ok, but if it takes months propably i will downgrade to 7.3

• Spyr0s
    Answer ✓
    Options

Finally i had to downgrade to firmware version 7.3C0.

Now 5Ghz wifi works fine. Firmware 8.0 and 8.1 is buggy and untested, it should be labelled as "beta" and not final release.

Consumer Product Help Center