NR7101 and LAN DHCP/DNS oddity.

Options
Noddy
Noddy Posts: 48  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband

Hi. I've noticed a rather annoying "bug" and not sure how to fix it. Has anyone else seen similar?

I am using latest FW and Modem FW.

The issue:

Network Setting > Home Network

I have two interface groups. "Default" and another called "Bridge1". When "Default" is selected I have the DNS set to "static" and the values are set to what I want, in this case, Quad9 (9.9.9.9 and 149.112.112.122). I then change the drop-down to "Bridge1" and I configure exactly the same settings. All good… aprt from no…

If at any time, the WAN connection drops or reconnects (even without doing a full reboot), when it reconnects the DNS values set for "Bridge1" LAN clients are forced back to those forced by the ISP. Even though "Default" interface remains set and even though I have set both of them to be "static".

For info here is what the WAN DNS entries are - these overwrite those shown in the above image.

Why does this happen to "Bridge1"? Surely setting "static" should mean exactly that. Not to allow it to change randomly. I do not have "From ISP" selected. It is so annoying when you notice this as you have to make the change at the router and then reconnect client devices to get them to pick up the correct DNS settings.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

• Noddy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good news. Raised with support and they believe it to be a bug and will investigate / fix in future release.

Thanks.

All Replies

• Noddy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good news. Raised with support and they believe it to be a bug and will investigate / fix in future release.

Thanks.

• Internetheavyuser
    Internetheavyuser Posts: 75  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

@Noddy When will you expect to have solution on this issue?

• Noddy
    Options

Hey, support team just said it would be past on to the dev team and due to holidays it may take some time for a response. So no eta at this point sadly.

• Noddy
    Options

Quick update on this one - just testing out v9 firmware direct from the devs/support. Looking promising so far! 😊

• dickbaua
    dickbaua Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Where can I get the firmware v9?

• yandi
    yandi Posts: 1
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi! I also can confirm exactly the same issue on bridge1 (similar setting, static DNS Settings with DNS server 1 [an internal dns server for interal host name resolution] and DNS Server 2 [external for public host/internet resolution]). It randomly switches back to the automatically given WAN DNS settings).

@Noddy thx for reporting. Did you receive any updates from the Support Team regarding a new Firmware Release?

BTW: I also would like to create an automatic alert but i cannot find any ssh cli command documentation. Would be nice if someone knows a way how to retrieve those settings (or via a cgi-bin rest call but the JSON payload also looks somehow crypted)

Consumer Product Help Center