Options
2»

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,330  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

7 days later….
    WAP 3205v3 is classified by Zyxel as "Wireless Access Point".

No category into "Consumer products" fullfill the description, decisely no "SMART HOME PRODUCT".
    Also, neither PLA Series or Aurora Camera, which by the way is suspended since 2021.

Wireless networks. Access Points. Please, get it straight.

• mMontana
    Options

Some more update.

During last two days I did not verified the connection status. Yesterday evening, I used the same HP laptop used since then… Which could not received DHCP from the router.

Nice.

I edited the adapter configuration, using the same subnet of the network and of the access point. I can ping AP, the "other" AP (the one "generating" SSID which Zyxel WAP 3205v3 is acting as client), router. I bypassed the wireless network, the computer received the DHCP configuration and worked as intended.
    The only difference was… time of check. More than 24h between tests.

I will report the lease time offered from DHCP server.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,119  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @mMontana

We would like to inform you that the WAP3205V3 device you are currently using is entering the maintenance phase as it approaches the end of its lifecycle.

We appreciate your contribution to our ongoing efforts to enhance our products.

However, due to the maintenance status of the WAP3205V3, we regret to inform you that we are unable to release any additional bug fixes or updates for this particular device.

We understand that this might be inconvenient, and we sincerely apologize for any disruptions you may be experiencing.

If you have any specific concerns or require assistance, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you once again for your understanding and your valuable feedback.

• mMontana
    Options

AKA if i don't like the performance the current option is ewaste.

Thanks.