USG Flex 500H Licensure

Options
jayd691
jayd691 Posts: 18  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security

I am currently looking to upgrade from the USG Flex 700 to the USG Flex 500H, and I have a few questions:

1. Will my current gold license pack (about 14 months left) be tranferrable to the USG Flex 500H (I do not want to lose all that money I spent on the Flex 700 license pack)
  2. Is there a trade-in program? My USG Flex 700 is like new and I am just upgrading for the POE ports and a little faster throughput.
  3. WAX640S-6E, WAX655E, WAX650S? Which is best for coverage and strength? I will be placing one on each of two floors. I current use Mist AP-41 APs but have been having a lot of issues with DHCP traffic and signal loss.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Ivan
    Zyxel_Ivan Posts: 260  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dear @jayd691,

Greetings.

Thanks for having these questions with us, please see our response below:

1. To answer this question, I have some issues need to clarify with you, please check the PM
    2. To answer this question, I have some issues need to clarify with you, please check the PM
    3. The coverage area of a Wi-Fi network is significantly influenced by its transmit power. A higher transmit power enables the Wi-Fi signal to travel further thus expanding the coverage area. When evaluating Zyxel AP's coverage capability, it's important to consider transmit power by adding both the output power and the antenna gain. These tables show you different models in terms of their output power and antenna gain helping you consult to choose the most suitable Zyxel AP model based on your specific requirements.
      You can find the device's output power and Antenna gain of the device through Datasheet. Here's the screenshot from WAX640S-6E's datasheet:

Here's the link to Zyxel Download Library:

https://www.zyxel.com/us/en-us/support/download

You can find the support documents from the Download Library.

Thanks.

Ivan

• Zyxel_Ivan
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dear @jayd691,

The transmit output power specifications on the datasheet reflect typical conditions in a conducted typical environment. Please be aware that these values are subject to local regulatory limits. Additionally, environmental factors such as obstacles can impact these power levels.

Regarding the AP's antenna gain, it is automatically activated during the AP's operation. It is important to note that there is no option to increase the antenna gain on the AP manually.

I kindly suggest you post your question in the Zyxel Community - WirelessLAN in case there is any other issues.

Here's the URL:  https://community.zyxel.com/en/categories/wlan

Thanks.

Ivan

All Replies

• Zyxel_Ivan
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dear @jayd691,

Greetings.

Thanks for having these questions with us, please see our response below:

1. To answer this question, I have some issues need to clarify with you, please check the PM
    2. To answer this question, I have some issues need to clarify with you, please check the PM
    3. The coverage area of a Wi-Fi network is significantly influenced by its transmit power. A higher transmit power enables the Wi-Fi signal to travel further thus expanding the coverage area. When evaluating Zyxel AP's coverage capability, it's important to consider transmit power by adding both the output power and the antenna gain. These tables show you different models in terms of their output power and antenna gain helping you consult to choose the most suitable Zyxel AP model based on your specific requirements.
      You can find the device's output power and Antenna gain of the device through Datasheet. Here's the screenshot from WAX640S-6E's datasheet:

Here's the link to Zyxel Download Library:

https://www.zyxel.com/us/en-us/support/download

You can find the support documents from the Download Library.

Thanks.

Ivan

• Zyxel_Ivan
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dear @jayd691,

The transmit output power specifications on the datasheet reflect typical conditions in a conducted typical environment. Please be aware that these values are subject to local regulatory limits. Additionally, environmental factors such as obstacles can impact these power levels.

Regarding the AP's antenna gain, it is automatically activated during the AP's operation. It is important to note that there is no option to increase the antenna gain on the AP manually.

I kindly suggest you post your question in the Zyxel Community - WirelessLAN in case there is any other issues.

Here's the URL:  https://community.zyxel.com/en/categories/wlan

Thanks.

Ivan

Service & License Help Center