Enable Qos on my am3100?

All Replies

• Can not find the option on the router…

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 925  Guru Member
    Community MVP Third Anniversary 50 Answers 500 Comments

Hello @Cantona1983

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have an AM3100-B0 device?

- see https://www.zyxel.com/service-provider/global/en/products/fiber-oltsonts/active-fiber/hgus/am3100-b0

If so, are you using it in Bridge mode or Router mode please? and what firmware are you running?

Looking at the user guide available at https://spdl.zyxel.com/AM3100-B0/user_guide/AM3100-B0_V1.pdf then if your device can do QoS, then you need to look for the Network → QoS → General tab (see below image) and enable QoS with the sliding control.

Kind regards,

Tony

• Yes i have a AM3100-B0 device👍 Firmware Version V5.17(ABNY.9)E0

I run the default. So no bridge mode. Im not that tecnical when it comes to this 😂🙈

• only options i have:

• tonygibbs16
    edited February 19

Hi @Cantona1983

Thank you for your replies.

I think that the E0 on your firmware version means that it is a customised firmware version with options removed.

I think that this is why you cannot see the options for QoS.

If you connected another additional router to your AM3100-B0 on the LAN side of it, then that additional router could have QoS settings for you to use.

Kind regards Tony

• tonygibbs16
    edited February 19

The approach in the application picture below might work for you @Cantona1983

Kind regards Tony

• ok. Really appreciate your help 😊👍Can i ask my fiber company to update my firmwire instead? If i use another router. I will lose a lot of speed? I only have a wifi router provided by the same company 🙈😔

• tonygibbs16

Hi @Cantona1983

You're welcome 😃

You could ask, but since Zyxel have declared AM3100-B0 end of life then it might not be possible.

I do not think that you will lose a lot of speed with an add-on router if any, but you might have some more latency delay.

Kind regards Tony

• thats what i am afraid of 🙈😔 latency are bad here now! Maybe they can send my a new router to replace the old am3100… thanks again 😊

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,152  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

QoS will not save you if your idle and ping is bad

Consumer Product Help Center