[NEBULA] Which security features require a Nebula Security Pack (NSS-SP)?

nikka
nikka Posts: 5
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula

By looking at the official Nebula comparison table, I could quickly figure out which NCC features that require a Nebula Pro Pack License. I’m therefore looking for a similar comparison table for the security features. Has someone found a good overview for when a Nebula Security Pack License (NSS-SP) is required?

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello @nikka
    Please be aware that you can still access or configure these service even if NSS license expires but it will not be functional.
    Below link is our datasheet which mentioned the detail information of NSS license. (Page 6)
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NSG300/datasheet/NSG300_1.pdf

On the other hand,  NSS analysis report for the moment requires both NSS and NCC license that's why you see it blocked but we have heard the feedback and will soon change to only require NSS :)

Feel free to let me know if any concern.

Chris
  • Zyxel_Barney
    Zyxel_Barney Posts: 84  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Hello @nikka

Yes, NSS features are disabled on the NSG, locally, even if the settings on Nebula CC are enabled.
    This is because we need to avoid making changes to site settings when NSS naturally expires. That way, our users do not need to re-enable settings after they plan to renew their NSS license.

Users are free to enable the NSS features, however the general rule is: "no NSS license, no NSS features".

To improve our user experience, we will consider adding a warning message in Nebula CC if our users try to enable NSS features without NSS points. 

Thank you for your kind feedback!

Regards,
    Barney

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    edited January 2019
    Hello @nikka
    The NSS service include the Anti-virus, IDP, Contenet Filtering and Application patrol also the traffic summary, NSS analysis report.

Cheers :)

Chris
  • nikka

Hi Chris.

Thanks for your quick reply. That’s what I thought as well (from reading one of your press releases), but when comparing two organizations (one with NSS-SP and one without NSS-SP) it doesn’t seem that way. At least not from a visual perspective. I’m probably missing something, but both organizations have access to the following features from the dashboard:

* Anti-virus (Gateway > Security Filtering > Anti-virus)

* IDP (Gateway > Security Filtering > Intrusion Detection/Prevention)

* Content filtering (Gateway > Content Filtering)

* Application Patrol (Gateway > Firewall > Application Patrol)

* Traffic summary report (Gateway > Summary report)

The only feature my organization without a NSS-SP license seems to be missing is the NSS Analysis Report.

Do you have any documentation about the NSS-SP license where I can read more about it?

• Zyxel_Chris
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello @nikka
    Please be aware that you can still access or configure these service even if NSS license expires but it will not be functional.
    Below link is our datasheet which mentioned the detail information of NSS license. (Page 6)
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/NSG300/datasheet/NSG300_1.pdf

On the other hand,  NSS analysis report for the moment requires both NSS and NCC license that's why you see it blocked but we have heard the feedback and will soon change to only require NSS :)

Feel free to let me know if any concern.

Chris
  • nikka

Hi @Nebula_Chris.

Thanks for the clarification. Are the settings supposed to be available and customizable even though the features are inactive behind the scenes? I can even save new settings without getting any error messages about a missing license. 

Have a nice weekend!

• Zyxel_Barney
    Zyxel_Barney Posts: 84  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Hello @nikka

Yes, NSS features are disabled on the NSG, locally, even if the settings on Nebula CC are enabled.
    This is because we need to avoid making changes to site settings when NSS naturally expires. That way, our users do not need to re-enable settings after they plan to renew their NSS license.

Users are free to enable the NSS features, however the general rule is: "no NSS license, no NSS features".

To improve our user experience, we will consider adding a warning message in Nebula CC if our users try to enable NSS features without NSS points. 

Thank you for your kind feedback!

Regards,
    Barney

Nebula Tips & Tricks