Backup of NR7101 config with Dual SIM

Options

Hi there,

my Router is missing the apn's for the second sim card. Guess this is easy to add if i'd have a backup of a working config.

Resetting is somehow "complicated". I did a reset and i got the second SIM (and i forgot to make a backup :-()

Resetting again is possible but as i need to acvtivate the WLAN with the button and the router is not easy to access i think if editing the config might be the better option.

In case yue are willing to share - remove all you passwords in the backup file before sending it.

Thx.

Accepted Solution

• GuenterK
    GuenterK Posts: 5
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello and sorry for the long delay - there was an issue with the login to this site as i did not receive the mail with the 2nd Factor.

@maxtkirk do you know that either you need to switch to "Auto" to see the apn for sim2?

The GUI is very confusing as some of the features are "reacting" on the sim you selected.

For me the solution was a factory reset after every try to fix the issue "manually" did not work.

Also i needed to find the right places for some config issues as my firmware is not in synch with the documentation. This was the biggest problem.

Soon after i was able to config the device every problem was "blown in the wind".

Now it works as i expected it to work.

Thx for all replies.

All Replies

• Bob_C
    Bob_C Posts: 170  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi GuenterK,

Please check your message inbox.

Regards,

Bob

• maxtkirk
    maxtkirk Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited May 2
    Options

Hello cheers.

I have the same issue. I have replaced the router with a new one from RMA but it is totally the same. In the Broadband config there is no apn settings for sim2

• GuenterK
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello and sorry for the long delay - there was an issue with the login to this site as i did not receive the mail with the 2nd Factor.

@maxtkirk do you know that either you need to switch to "Auto" to see the apn for sim2?

The GUI is very confusing as some of the features are "reacting" on the sim you selected.

For me the solution was a factory reset after every try to fix the issue "manually" did not work.

Also i needed to find the right places for some config issues as my firmware is not in synch with the documentation. This was the biggest problem.

Soon after i was able to config the device every problem was "blown in the wind".

Now it works as i expected it to work.

Thx for all replies.

• maxtkirk
    First Comment
    edited May 3
    Options

Hello, of course it is in "auto"

• GuenterK
    Options

@maxtkirk, so check your firmware?
    Model Name: NR7101
    Firmware Version: V1.00(ABUV.8)C0

This is how it should look like. For me the reset did the trick.

• GuenterK
    Options

here a direct link to the download page (yes it is a dropbox …): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xvv0esx0j81oe8/NR7101_V1.00%28ABUV.8%29C0%20%281%29.zip?dl=1

• maxtkirk
    First Comment
    Options

Firmware is updated, Honestly I didn't made a reset after the update. this evening I will try a factory reset and I'll tet you know. thanks

• GuenterK
    Options

just be prepared to switch back to router mode. In my case this was a bit of complicated as the documentation was not covering this with my firmware release …

Consumer Product Help Center