Options
2»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 518  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @azimuthnrth

Thank you for sending the files. For the Intel AX201 in your Lenovo laptop, I recommend upgrading the driver to the latest version. After updating, please reconnect to the WPA3-secured SSID and observe the connection stability. Please share your findings with us afterward.

Besides, you mentioned that both a Samsung phone and a Lenovo laptop occasionally experience disconnections. How have their connections been since switching to WPA2?

Your feedback is essential for further troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Zyxel Nami

• AlanM55
    AlanM55 Posts: 4
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Since changing the Wireless network configuration to WPA2 and 5Ghz only (My Intel work PC was connecting only to the 2.4Ghz) I've had a few more disconnects. They aren't nearly everyday, as it was when it was configured with WPA3.

I checked my wifi drivers, and they were running an out of date driver, so I updated it using the drivers from Intel's website. I will report back if I have any more disconnects with the latest driver.

No disconnects are seen with any other non-intel wifi devices. Devices include a number of iPhones, an iPad, two Apple computers, Apple TVs and an AMD PC running non-Intel Wifi Card. I did get a disconnect this afternoon (I was away from the computer when it happened so I don't know exactly what time), but around the time of the disconnect my wife noticed her iPad buffering a video file that is hosted on an all flash NAS on the internal network. The buffering is an unusual behavior.

I've sent you my wireless diagnostics in a private message

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hi @AlanM55

Thank you very much. I received your provided diagnostic info and MAC address.

Since changing the Wireless network configuration to WPA2 and 5Ghz only (My Intel work PC was connecting only to the 2.4Ghz) I've had a few more disconnects. They aren't nearly everyday, as it was when it was configured with WPA3.

⇒ As you mentioned, after changing to WPA2, the issue occurred less frequently compared to WPA3. Could you specify the approximate date and time when this occurs recently?

I did get a disconnect this afternoon (I was away from the computer when it happened so I don't know exactly what time), but around the time of the disconnect my wife noticed her iPad buffering a video file that is hosted on an all flash NAS on the internal network. The buffering is an unusual behavior.

⇒ Is the aforementioned computer Laptop 1 that you sent me a message?

Zyxel Nami

• AlanM55
    AlanM55 Posts: 4
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

I just sent you a PM with new diag files and additional info from Windows wlan report

• Zyxel_Nami
    edited May 8
    Options

Echoing what @azimuthnrth has been saying, the disconnects also seemed to happen when there was a lot of UDP traffic. My wife and typically have meetings in the afternoon around 1 which would cause an increase in UDP traffic.

I did get a disconnect this afternoon (I was away from the computer when it happened so I don't know exactly what time), but around the time of the disconnect my wife noticed her iPad buffering a video file that is hosted on an all flash NAS on the internal network

Hi @AlanM55

Thank you for providing the diagnostic files, devices' MAC addresses, and the time of occurrence (2024-04-30, 9:15 CDT) via the message. However, the diagnostic files did not record the timeslot you mentioned. The latest recorded time in the logs is 2024-04-30, 09:35:47 UTC (which corresponds to 2024-04-30 around 04:00 CDT).

Additionally, we were unable to reproduce the symptom using our local NWA50AX and Wi-Fi card AX201 with the latest drivers installed, even while creating UDP traffic through both VLC and online video streaming.

Could you please specify which applications were used for the meeting and streaming that you mentioned previously? We would like to accurately reproduce the environment to further investigate the issue.

Also, if the disconnection occurs again, please collect the diagnostic info file and send it to us.

Thank you

Zyxel Nami