SNMP OIDs for individual power usage per port on Zyxel GS1920-8HPv2

DigitalClark
DigitalClark Posts: 2
First Comment

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate some controls from my Zyxel GS1920-8HPv2 switch into Home Assistant via SNMP. I've managed to toggle each ports power using "pethPsePortAdminEnable" 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.1.1.3.1.<port>, but now I'm trying to fetch the power consumption per port. I've downloaded the MIBs and walked the agent but couldn't make any sense of something that could refer to power consumption per port. In RFC 3621 I also only find a OID for the total power consumption (pethMainPseConsumptionPower) of the whole switch (and only as an integer, not float).

Is there a way to obtain the OIDs for the individual ports?

Thank you!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,327  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @DigitalClark ,

GS1920-8HPv2 is a smart-managed switch. It does not feature a special MIB to get the PoE consumption for a specified port.

However, I would like to share with you that the Nebula control center can check PoE consumption per port. This free function can be found in Menu > Configure > Switches > Switch ports.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 410  Zyxel Employee
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Answers Friend Collector

Hi users,

Recognizing the usefulness of MIB to monitor the PoE consumption for specific ports, we plan to implement this feature in an upcoming update.

Please stay tuned to the SWITCH NEW RELEASE for the latest enhancements and updates.

• Now this is some great news! Great job Zyxel Team!
    Do you also plan to implement this for my specific model (GS-1920-8HPv2)?

In the meantime, I came up with the solution to control the PoE ports over SNMP and fetch the PoE consumption data via a script executing SSH that runs the show pwr command on the switch on an interval and then parsing the values. But a native SNMP solution would be ideal ;-)!

Looking forward to the update!

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @DigitalClark ,

The 1920 switch series, including your model GS-1920-8HPv2, will have MIB functionality to monitor PoE consumption for specific ports.

Stay tuned and explore this new feature in the next time!

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• FlamencoAssassin
    FlamencoAssassin Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Answer 10 Comments Friend Collector

Could this feature be rolled out to other smart managed switch firmware updates please.

I have XS1930-12HP and XGS1930-28HP switches.

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @FlamencoAssassin ,

MIB functionality to monitor PoE consumption for specific ports will be rolled out in upcoming firmware updates for XS1930-12HP and XGS1930-28HP switches as well.

• FlamencoAssassin
    FlamencoAssassin Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Answer 10 Comments Friend Collector

Thanks @Zyxel_Judy that's excellent news.

• Chris77
    Chris77 Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Comment Fourth Anniversary Friend Collector

Hi @Zyxel_Judy,

because the response via MIB is an integer, would it be possible for you to send the POE consumption in mW? Webinterface shows 3.15W as an example, so via MIB that would be 3150mW.
    When can we expect the new firmware?
    Many greetings Chris

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @Chris77 , @FlamencoAssassin

The power consumption per port is displayed in milliwatts (mW) in the Web GUI. Additionally, the power consumption per port in the MIB is also set to be shown in milliwatts (mW).

You can check it when the feature is released in the next time.