ATP 500 - static ip, "Enable IP/MAC Binding and DHCP Enforcement" option from instandalone mode

AlexandervonW
AlexandervonW Posts: 11  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited July 20 in Nebula

Hi there,

does anyone know, if the above option, when configuring static ip addresses is available in Nebula?

I would need that option, for blocking unwanted devices on the network having generally access and i also wonder if there is any other way to acomplish this?

Many thanks for help

Alexander

Best Answers

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,362  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @AlexandervonW ,

There is “IP/MAC binding" on the Nebula. To implement that feature, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to Configure > Firewall > Interface Page
    • Select the relevant interface and click the Edit button.
    • Enable the DHCP server and enter the required information.
    • Click the + Add button for the Static DHCP table.
    • Create entries in the static DHCP table by specifying the IP address and MAC address for each client.
    • Click the OK button.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• AlexandervonW
    First Comment

Hi Zyxel_Judy,

yes, i know there is IP/MAC binding in Nebula, but is there also "DHCP Enforcement" enabled? Because that means, if i do not use for. ex. a DHCP server on that network, only known MAC addresses can have access to the network?

Thanks for help

Alexander

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,160  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

So have you tried a static IP on the network and it work?

One way to add DHCP only is a switch with DAI (DHCP Snooping) I think

• AlexandervonW
    First Comment
    edited July 22

Hi PeterUK,

nice to hear from you again. I used another account with my last problem, the same topic with a new USG FLEX 200H.

No, i did not try that in Neubla, i thought i ask first. As i wrote in my last comment on the USG FLEX 200H topic, i moved back to a ATP500 and there everything is working as it should. (Even the more than one time admin login problem with uOS in macOS is gone, cool!!!)

But back to topic, may i ask why nobody is using this feature? Why should i use something on a switch, if the firewall has this working and easy to configure feature?

best

Alexander

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,160  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers
    edited July 25 Answer ✓

Just a limitation of Neubla (in other words not added yet) where as stand alone has this feature.

• AlexandervonW
    First Comment

Hi PeterUK,

I thought so, but now you confirmed. Thank you very much.

Have a nice day

Alexander

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,362  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @AlexandervonW ,

Currently, there is no "IP/MAC Binding and DHCP Enforcement" with ATP/USG FLEX on Nebula mode.

You can use the "Cloud Monitoring Mode" to monitor the APT500 on Nebula and to use "IP/MAC Binding and DHCP Enforcement" on Premise mode as a solution.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• AlexandervW
    AlexandervW Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    First Answer Fifth Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hi Zyxel_Judy,

ok, thanks. I will look into that. For me, this discussion can be closed.

Have a nice day..

Alexander

Nebula Tips & Tricks