Flex 700H reboots and issue

ticsystems
ticsystems Posts: 65  ZCNE Certified
First Comment Friend Collector Nebula Gratitude Fourth Anniversary

Hy team.

I'm having serious issue with two 700H firmware 1.10(ABZI.1).

One of them had to go out of production and I had to buy a Flex700 and the problems were gone.

I have random reboots and system crashes.
One of the issue is that it seems that the device works but it does not assign DHCP and you cannot access it. I set a static IP and I can't access it via GUI. In console I can ping all interfaces, but the firewall is still blocked. Restarting solves the problem.

Another issue. Sometimes, when I connect a Zyxel 1 meter DAC or other DAC cable to the SFP+ module it restarts automatically. This is a problem because my ISP works with SFP+.
I have a video where the error appears.
With a cable in the console the error does not appear, it just restarts.

Another issue is that I cannot use any Transceiver because my 700H cannot work with them.

Another issue is that through SFP+ and DAC between switches is not correct. The vlan assignment is incorrect. By switching to copper the problems were solved.

I think the problems are in the SFP+ module

Since October it has been one problem after another....
I have tried to open support tickets but I have no response from Zyxel and I am desperate.

I have a 700H in a box and the licenses are running and another one in production that the customer is starting to get angry.

I need help, urgently....

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,318  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary

Its a whole new OS so problems are going to happen I guess the SFP+ module where not tested all that well sadly...

as a workaround for your ISP by SFP+

https://www.amazon.co.uk/10Gtek-Ethernet-Converter-1000Base-Tx-Transceiver/dp/B01MG48FD5/ref=sr_1_9

• ticsystems

Peter, it's what I do but this cooper makes me lose internet packages. The router is an Accedian and it is special. Just like Cisco.

• Rathos
    Rathos Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security First Comment

Good day together

I now also have a 700H which I wanted to connect to an XGS1930-52HP via Zyxel DAC 1m SFP+ cable. The DHCP works correctly on all three VLANs. But I can't get access to the WAN and the firewall itself. Is this a setting of mine, or still a bug?

Best regards
    Niklas

• DanniKool
    DanniKool Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    First Answer First Comment Sixth Anniversary

The SPF+ is still an issue/bug - especially with firmware 1.20. I'm using port 13 with a Zyxel SFP+ transciever as LAN connection to our XGS1930. I had to downgrade from 1.20P0 and 1.20P1 to a 1.10P1 beta firmware to make it stable. Zyxel Tech are working on ours to hopefully fix it.

• juewerner
    juewerner Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Comment Third Anniversary

I have the same problem. The SPF+ has an bug. The DHCP works not at a new start.

• DanniKool

Run arp -a from a command prompt - copy the mac address of your gateway. In your H series firewall go to Network>Interface>the interface of your SFP+ (ge3) - select Overwrite Default MAC Address and insert the copied MAC address from the command prompt.

That should do a workaround to the bug

• juewerner

It does not work. After reboot the switch (and all other switches/Access Points) behind the firewall on SFP+ Port lost the connection to the nebula cloud. Only the short unplugging of the cable connects new to nebula

• DanniKool

That fixed it on our 700H - are you using the SPF+ for external or internal interface? What firmware level are you on?

• juewerner

Hallo, firmware level is the latest: v1.21and the SPF+ is a internal port.

• ticsystems

Can you try setting the negotiation to 10GB and not Auto?