FWA 510 WAN Failover VLAN Tag on WAN Port

CarstenB
CarstenB Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited August 14 in Nebula

Hi,

I want to use the FWA 510 as a Internet Router and connect it to my Fibre Optic ONT which provides an Ethernet Port with VLAN132.

The 5G should only be used as a backup. Is it possible to tag the VLAN on the WAN Port? I use the Nebula cloud with my Wifi7 AP´s and Nebula Switches.

Cheers

Carsten

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,299  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @CarstenB,

Do you mean the etherWAN port? If yes, it can set VLAN/802.1q. Please reference below screenshot in the page Network Setting > Broadband > etherWAN > edit WAN Interface.

Hope it helps.

• CarstenB
    First Comment

Hi Melen

Thank you, in the meantime i ordered a FWA510 and send it back already, because it did not get an IPv4 Address on the WAN Interface, even it was tagged correctly.

Support was not able to fix that :-( and I have to say the product does not work stable

• __Greg__
    __Greg__ Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment

Most fibre optic Internet connections require also to change at WAN interface the encapsulation to PPPoE (in General section at your screenshot) and also to provide the proper login and password - the credential that should be written at your agreement with ISP.
    Without it you will never connect properly to Internet even knowing the proper VLAN tag 132 number.

• CarstenB
    First Comment

My ISP does not need that, two other Routers work fine.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,299  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @CarstenB,

After conducting an investigation, we have confirmed that this feature is not expected to be implemented in the GUI for the FWA510. We have a plan to remove this non-supported function in the future firmware release and update the user guide.

Nebula Tips & Tricks