Mikrotik RB5009UG+S+IN and ZyXEL EX5601-T0

Qatar2022
Qatar2022 Posts: 2  Freshman Member

Dear allI signed up 1Gbps Fiber Optic Internet with my service provider and my ISP install Huawei EchoLife HG8240T5 and it has 3 Vlans

Vlan10 for Internet

Vlan20 for IPTV

Vlan30 for VoIP

and I replace it with SFP ODI DFP-34X-2C2 XPON-Stick from HSGQ insert it into Mikrotik RB5009UG+S+IN and I creat Vlan10 & PPPoe and I get internet, and it's work great and I creat some port forwarding on MT without any issue, but I was not able to benefit from the VoIP on MT and I have inquired many times about how to do this, but all attempts have failed.

Since I have a ZyXEL EX5601-T0, I thought I would benefit from the VoIP Through this device, which has an RJ11 and SFP ports

My big Question is IF i connect RB5009 to ZyXEL EX6501-T0 do I have to configure all port forwarding on ZyXEL EX6501-T0 or just on MK RB5009

All Replies

• Peter2
    Peter2 Posts: 118  Ally Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Community MVP

When you use the build-in VoIP you dont need to configure forwarding the ports in the Zycel Router . But if its behind another Router its has to be opened there .

But your Problem is you have three Vlans - the ISP Router can manage and separate all three Vlans directly and separate the VoIP Vlan intern and leads it to its own Telephon ports Phone1 and 2 . If you work with other Devices you have to separate the VoIP Vlan physical over a special Lan port or logical in the VoIP Device .

Consumer Product Help Center