Slow Download Speed on Local Network for NWA130BE, but not on WBE660S

Twocorns
Twocorns Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited October 15 in Nebula

Hello,

I have both a WBE660S and NWA130BE (for testing purposes) at home. The WBE660S performs at almost 2Gbps download/upload (as expected), but the NWA130BE performs at 800/1900 download/upload. Each device is tested with the same cable, on the same 10Gb switch port on my Cisco switch, and both devices are tested on ONLY a WiFi7 SSID using 160Mhz band (2.4/5ghz are both disabled). And both tests are conducted using the same device (Samsung S23+ with WiFi 6e).

Any ideas what's causing this issue with the NWA130BE? I've confirmed the NWA130BE's WiFi7 signal is using the 160Mhz channel band, just like the WBE660S is using. APs are configured via nebula, so they all have the same config. I know the WBE660S has 4 spatial antennas for wifi7, but my S23+ only supports 2 spatial radios, so i don't think that's the problem.

Thanks for the help!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,446  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @Twocorns ,

Could you confirm the following details:

• Which tool and how you did your speed test?
    • Were the NWA130BE and WBE660S using the same channel during the speed test?
    • Was only one client, a Samsung S23, connected to the APs during the test? We need to rule out the possibility that another client was downloading data while you were testing the speed with the NWA130BE. You can go to Live tool to confirm whether only one wireless client connects to that AP. The path: Site-wide > Devices > Access points > Choose AP > Live tool > Current stations

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• Twocorns
    Twocorns Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Comment

hello,

I used my PC, with a tengig network card, as my target PC. I used both opentest and iperf to coduct my tests and they all had the same results. PC and AP and S23+ are all on the same network and vlan.

I'll have to run my tests again later to check and see if the APs were running on ththe same channel. APs were coconfigured to auto channel.

Only one client (my s23+) was connected to each access point.

note, only one AP was on and being tested at each timetime. The APs were not on at the same time, to reduce interference.

Nebula Tips & Tricks