[NEBULA] 1123-AC HD slow throughput

TAPTech
TAPTech Posts: 165  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Nebula
We are getting ready to deploy some 1123-AC PRO as well as 1123-AC HD units.  When testing WiFi throughput, the PRO models do great with about 300mbps.  The HD unit stops at about 60mbps though.  We've tried using the reset button, but it's still slow!  Client is connecting and showing a 866mbps 5Gz connection rate.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @TAPTech

It is related to the FAQ post in below link and please check the detail of the performance issue.
    https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/2437/why-my-access-point-is-not-performing-at-the-maximum-throughput#latest

Thanks.
  • TAPTech
    Hello, thank you for the reply.  We are not using Guest network, captive portal, layer 2 filtering, or rate limiting.  It is a very basic WiFi SSID used for a test.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    edited March 2019
    Hi @TAPTech,

When any SSID of NWA1123-AC HD enabled these features, the performance issue happens.

If you didn't enable these features in any SSID but still happened the performance issue, please add our account 'nebula.cso@zyxel.com.tw' to your organization as an administrator and PM me the org./site name, issue happened time, and the test client's MAC address. We'll help to check the setting and log for this issue.
    Thanks. :)
  • Homelab
    Homelab Posts: 21  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

@TAPTech I'm curious if your performance issue was resolved? If so, what was the root cause?

Thanks!

• iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment

I had similar issues with a unit NWA1123-AC HD I was testing. Poor throughput even with the most basic setup. Won't be buying anymore of that model until it's fixed.

• Zyxel_Freda

Hi @iSpeed,

For NWA1123-AC HD, wireless throughput will be reduced by enabling these specific AP features:

- Captive portal

- Rate limiting

May I know if you enabled these two feature for testing?

Thanks.

• TAPTech

We had to leave this AP deployed and decided to leave it for a few weeks to see if there were any issues. We have not received any complaints and it seems to be working fine. We've deployed a few more 1123AC-HD without issue as well. I am not sure what the problem was... I wish I knew!

Nebula Tips & Tricks