Add Devices - Template Format for MAC Addresses

ivessm
ivessm Posts: 12  Freshman Member
edited April 14 in Nebula
I have a number of devices to add to a site and have scanned the barcodes for the Item #'s, Serial #'s, and MAC Addresses from the labels on the boxes into a spreadsheet. I then went to add these to the site and downloaded the TEMPLATE devices.xlsx and noted that the format you want for the MAC address is AA:BB:CC:00:11:22 and when I look back at my spreadsheet I see the format of the MAC address is: AABBCC001122

Okay, so this says I can't go directly from scanning the barcodes into the registration screen or even into a spreadsheet that will be read by the system. I have to ADD the : between the MAC address layout. Really??? Can't you read what is scanned from your barcode? So I created the formula to convert the no : string to a : string. Just another step to get the Nebula. 

It seems logical to me that you should be able to read either format, either with : or without :.

Just wanted to bring this up.

-stew

All Replies

• Nebula_Melen
    Nebula_Melen Posts: 24  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @ivessm,

Thanks for sharing this information to us. We did a test is that we import TEMPLATE excel with MAC address without ":" and find NCC won't add ":" automatically.
    We will enhance this function and it will be finished in 2021 Q2.

Melen
Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!

Community News