Add Devices - Template Format for MAC Addresses

Options
ivessm
ivessm Posts: 45  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I have a number of devices to add to a site and have scanned the barcodes for the Item #'s, Serial #'s, and MAC Addresses from the labels on the boxes into a spreadsheet. I then went to add these to the site and downloaded the TEMPLATE devices.xlsx and noted that the format you want for the MAC address is AA:BB:CC:00:11:22 and when I look back at my spreadsheet I see the format of the MAC address is: AABBCC001122

Okay, so this says I can't go directly from scanning the barcodes into the registration screen or even into a spreadsheet that will be read by the system. I have to ADD the : between the MAC address layout. Really??? Can't you read what is scanned from your barcode? So I created the formula to convert the no : string to a : string. Just another step to get the Nebula. 

It seems logical to me that you should be able to read either format, either with : or without :.

Just wanted to bring this up.

-stew

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,651  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @ivessm

Good day,
    Now we can import TEMPLATE excel with MAC address without ":" and find NCC will add ":" automatically.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    Hope you can enjoy Nebula.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @ivessm,

Thanks for sharing this information to us. We did a test is that we import TEMPLATE excel with MAC address without ":" and find NCC won't add ":" automatically.
    We will enhance this function and it will be finished in 2021 Q2.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @ivessm

Good day,
    Now we can import TEMPLATE excel with MAC address without ":" and find NCC will add ":" automatically.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    Hope you can enjoy Nebula.

Zyxel Melen

Nebula Tips & Tricks