nsa320 won't setup

Options
I am trying to setup an nsa320 on Windows 10 Pro 64 and the starter utility fails to complete installation.  I can ping the nsa320 but that is all.  Is there a way to get this working?

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Try disabling the firewall. And, if you are using wifi, try a cable.
  • nonobaddog
    Options
    I am not using wifi, it is wired right to the router.
    I had the firewall configured to notify me of any blocks and it did not send any notifications. So I turned off the firewall completely and that didn't help either.
    I think the starter utility failed to complete installation of something that it needs.
    I turned on SBA and that didn't help either.
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    Actually you don't need the starter utility. Have a look in your router's webinterface to see which IP address your NAS has got. Or do a portscan in your LAN. Then enter http://<ip-of-nas>/ in your browser. You can do everything in the webinterface.
  • nonobaddog
    Options
    This could be getting somewhere.  I got the NAS IP address but when I try to browse there it says "unable to connect".
    I find the Windows 10 security settings to be very confusing. Maybe the NAS is shut out somehow and I don't know how to check that.
  • nonobaddog
    Options
    The NAS shows up in the router(with a static IP) for a while when I first log in but then it disappears.

• Mijzelf
    Options
    A static IP? Is it in your network range?
    BTW, it might be a good idea to perform a factory reset on the 320. Press the reset button on the back (while the box is up), and keep it pressed until it has beeped 3 times. (Around 25 seconds)
  • nonobaddog
    Options
    Yes, the address is static 192.168.1.5 which should be in range, my router is still the default 192.168.1.1, but I will see about fixing the static part and making it DHCP.
    I did reset the 320 once already but I will try that again.
    I'll root around trying to see if the NAS is blocked somewhere but I'm kind of flying blind in that area.
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    I did reset the 320 once already but I will try that again.
    And it did beep?

• nonobaddog
    Options
    Yes, it beeped appropriately just like the destructions said it would.
    I pushed and held the reset button, it beeped, held it some more, it beeped, held it for 5 seconds more and then let up and it beeped three times.
    This is supposed to reset everything, which I believe it did.
  • DogByte
    DogByte Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Consumer Product Help Center