LTE7490-M904 Bridge mode and IP Forwarded

Options
zyxymirc
zyxymirc Posts: 7
Friend Collector First Comment
edited January 4 in Mobile Broadband
Goodmorning everyone

I would like to ask information about the bridge mode on my LTE7490, in fact when I set this mode the Ip address that is assigned to the connected device is not the Public WAN but another that usually starts with 10.x.x.x, why? This way port forwarding doesn't work! Did I do something wrong? On my previous Huawei it worked fine.
Please Help Me!

Accepted Solution

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 841  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @zyxymirc

There is also the possibility that when you have your LTE7490-M904 set-up in Cellular IP Passthrough that the TIM network will still give you a private IP address that is a 10. class A address.
        - because that might be how they operate their mobile network for Internet connectivity in order to make routing work in the TIM network.
              - see figure 58 in the user guide, for an example of what I mean.

When you were using your Huawei device on TIM then did you get a 10. private IP address back or a public IP address?

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards,
         Tony

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    Options
    Hello @zyxymirc

I hope that you are well.

I guess that you have got Cellular IP Passthrough enabled? section 6.10 of the user guide says how to do this, and then renew the IP address of your client device.

If you need to use more than 1 device on your LAN, then you might want to run your device with its Home Networking setup, as per section 8 of the user guide.
        - your LTE7490-M904 could then give out private IP addresses to your client hosts on your LAN and then use NAT to allow each of them out to your cellular connection.

Kind regards,
          Tony

• tonygibbs16
    Options
    Hello @zyxymirc

If you are using DHCP in your LAN hosts to request an IP address and DNS settings, then you probably need to look at the LAN setup screen under Home Networking.

If you want your cellular operator TIM to give you an IP address, then you might need to select DHCP Relay (see figure 103 in the user guide) so that the DHCP requests of your LAN hosts are sent through to your cellular provider.

I don't know if TIM supports DHCP or not.

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • tonygibbs16
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @zyxymirc

There is also the possibility that when you have your LTE7490-M904 set-up in Cellular IP Passthrough that the TIM network will still give you a private IP address that is a 10. class A address.
        - because that might be how they operate their mobile network for Internet connectivity in order to make routing work in the TIM network.

When you were using your Huawei device on TIM then did you get a 10. private IP address back or a public IP address?

Kind regards,
         Tony

• zyxymirc
    Options
    Many Thanks !!!!, tonight i will try with DHCP Relay function...seems correct!
    With Huawei and Microtik simple passtrough function allow to pass public operator ip to first device connected, with this zyxel no..

• zyxymirc
    Options
    Hello @zyxymirc

Kind regards,
         Tony

Thank You!

After short test i realize that the sim used in test (not the inserted in huawei router) offer different routing method and create double Nat automatically (seems a config @provider offer), now the week mount the LTE7490 in vertical pole and voilà, update you with speed test result!!!!
    The Zyxel product offer more rock costrunction and easy web access!
    + the smart app is very amazing for test coverage signal!!!

ThankSSSS
  • zyxymirc
    Options
    7490 is Amazing!  Same result of Huawei but very stable signal and....the smartphone App for the coverage is fantastic!!!!!

Consumer Product Help Center