• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Sure.
  • archigraf
    archigraf Posts: 18
    First Anniversary
    edited August 2021
    lovideo could you please explain to me how you could rescue your NAS with the dump file? did you boot via USB or with a serial connection?

• Mijzelf
    You can try the Universal USB Key, in combination with the usb_key_func.sh.telnet_and_stop script, to see if you can login over telnet. However, if the firmware doesn't load at all this won't work, and you'll need serial access.

• Dear Mijzelf,

i did the following:

serial connection went fine

execute env/b1 and this gave a perfect boot into Zyxel Firmware with full access. I thought all problems are solved. then I booted the USB stick with the recovery from zyxel and flashed the original firmware. The result is that both partitions will no longer boot. the serial connection reports that both partitions have an incorrect checksum.

I now have no idea how I can boot the device again. I don't know how to flash the file I received from you. There is no connection over Ethernet.

Can you please help me?

• Mijzelf
    edited August 2021
    I have nil experience with barebox. Years ago I opened my 540 to see if I could find the serial port, and played a bit with the barebox prompt.
    When this was uboot, and both stored kernels don't boot, tftp would be the way to go. To do so, you have to install a tftp server on you PC. (That is not an ftp server).

In uboot the sequence would be:
    setenv ipaddr a.b.c.d          # local IP
    setenv serverip a.b.c.e        # IP of tftp server in the same subnet
    tftpboot 81000000 uImage.bin
    bootm 81000000

This loads file uImage.bin from the server to memory address 0x81000000, and then boots it. Here you can find a stock uImage, which should be able to execute an firmware update stick, or a univeral USB key.

Problems to solve: How to know which ethernet port is used? (Minor, you can try both).
    How does this translate to barebox? I think the documentation on Internet should tell.

• archigraf said:
    lovideo could you please explain to me how you could rescue your NAS with the dump file? did you boot via USB or with a serial connection?

No serial connection in my case, I have used just the Universal USB Key to bring up a telnet  connection on my LAN and it worked. Then, while at the telnet console, I was able to access the usb key, where the I've added the copy of the dump file and flashed it using the instructions provided by Mijzelf in this thread.

• archigraf said:

No serial connection in my case, I have used just the Universal USB Key to bring up a telnet  connection on my LAN and it worked. Then, while at the telnet console, I was able to access the usb key, where the I've added the copy of the dump file and flashed it using the instructions provided by Mijzelf in this thread.

• Okay Thanks
  • GES
    GES Posts: 1
    First Comment
    archigraf said:
    Dear Mijzelf, could you please pm me to with the mtd2 dump file?
    and me too, plz =))) 

Consumer Product Help Center